This champion fiddler shines in a selection of her own songs. (She composed all but 3 of the 28 tunes on this CD.) It’s modern traditional Celtic (if there is such a thing.) Great guests add a multi-cultural flair, especially John Doyle on guitar and some Chamber music help from the Turtle Island String Quartet. It’s all good, but I especially liked the following:
1. Great guitar/fiddle interplay in these reels.
3. Slower and quieter w/lovely cello/viola accents.
4. Cool reels for fiddle/guitar/bass/bouzouki/percussion.
5. Slip jig interplay for fiddle & strings. Nice mix of sounds.
8. Slow, beautiful air. Sad and gentle.
10. Fiddle/guitar duet on slip jigs. A bit of piano too.
11. Two nice reels w/spare use of percussion.
12. Sweet, old fashioned waltz. Romantic.
13. Fun, bouncy reels w/an energetic mix of instruments. Nice.