|Almaz / Almaz|
|Add Date:||2003-01-13||Pull Date:||2003-03-17||Charts:||RPM/Electronica|
|Week Ending:||Mar 16||Mar 9||Mar 2||Jan 26||Jan 19|
|1.||Jun 21, 2011:||broken flowers |
Ville La Vilaine
|4.||Oct 30, 2003:||15 Miles til Sunday Speaks |
|2.||Sep 19, 2004:||15 Miles til Sunday |
|5.||Mar 13, 2003:||The Digital/Analog War |
Ville La Vilaine
|3.||Nov 27, 2003:||15 Miles til Sunday |
|6.||Mar 06, 2003:||The Digital/Analog War |
an album of french electronic music, mostly trip-hop, jungle and a few more experimental tracks. the consistent element is the female vocals – her voice is at times bjork-like and at times portishead-like. can’t understand a word she’s saying but it sounds good! i thought all the tracks were pretty interesting. try #1, #2, #6, #10.|
1. haunting and sad orchestral trip-hop. think portishead, massive attack
2. urgent, almost drum and bass-like feel. nice piano part towards the end.
3. semi-experimental track with skippy beat and random noises/effects
4. this is very bjork-esque. minimal backing music, obvious focus on vocals (too bad i don’t know what she’s saying)
5. mysterious. gets dancey about 1:30 min into it.
6. vocals and strings over a dark jungle beat. interesting!
7. bleepy. minimal.
8. dramatic and stealthy. sounds like something from a movie soundtrack.
9. another jungle track. cute ‘doo doo doo’s as backing vocals.
10. beginning and some parts are quiet with lyrics spoken in hushed voice. other parts are loud and almost angry.
11. short track (interlude?) i feel like i’m walking around a very depressing church.
12. one last jungle track to end the day! (note: track is not actually 17min long. see note below)
13. (track starts around –10:30, ends around –7:00) no vocals. med-tempo.
14. (track starts around –6:30, ends at end of track) experimental and minimal. not sure if this is actually a separate track or not.
|2.||Ville La Vilaine||8.||Wacooon|