|Caustic Soul / Parliament of Rooks|
|Album:||Parliament of Rooks||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2003-04-07||Pull Date:||2003-06-09||Charts:||Loud|
|Week Ending:||27 Apr||20 Apr||13 Apr|
|1.||Nov 14, 2013:||Deathcrush |
|4.||Apr 09, 2003:||Brownian Motion |
|2.||Apr 23, 2003:||The Disclaimer |
|5.||Apr 09, 2003:||The Disclaimer |
|3.||Apr 16, 2003:||The Disclaimer |
Goth-industrial, with lots of layered, orchestral sounding keyboards, deep, doomy, solemn, sexual vocals. Some crunchy guitars here and there, but most of the haunting music is just the rhythm section and the keyboards and the samples.|
1. Dark, surreal, dreamy, almost mechanical rhythm, very cool.
2. More energetic, uptempo song, with lots more samples, and some cool vocal FX.
3. Nice hybrid, very danceable beat, but still retains the industrial feel; the machines are doing it all!
4. Holy shit! This is about the singer seeing his lover kissing another man. Apparently, it’s how he met his wife. Excellent, the song sets a mood and drives into the ground. Not for the meek....
5. More industrial-metal than anything else, but the beats are still there. Sick story, too.
6. This starts slow, but starts to kick ass eventually. Very worthwhile wait, too, some awesome NIN style synth work
8. Hah! It’s “Scarborough Fair”, but with a major twist. Worth the price of admission just for this one song
9. Sad love/death story, worth a listen, but only because it may be “based on actual events”.
Very fuckin’ solid work