|Pacific Ocean, the / So Beautiful & Cheap & Warm|
|Album:||So Beautiful & Cheap & Warm||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Pacific Ocean, the||Added:||Jan 2003|
|Add Date:||2003-03-03||Pull Date:||2003-05-05|
|Week Ending:||Apr 27||Apr 20||Apr 6||Mar 30||Mar 23||Mar 16||Mar 9|
|1.||Sep 08, 2004:||Mr. Sparkle Challenge |
There's No One You Won't Walk Past
|4.||Sep 06, 2003:||between the nine worlds |
There's no One You Won't
|2.||Aug 11, 2004:||Mr. Sparkle Challenge |
|5.||Apr 24, 2003:||Mr. Sparkle Challenge |
There's no One You Won't Walk Past
|3.||Jun 25, 2004:||Distraction-Limited |
I'm Part of Everything Again
|6.||Apr 24, 2003:||sad and dangerous |
The Pacific Ocean "So Beautiful and Cheap and Warm" - A trio with guitar (from Versus), bass, and drums and female vocals with the guys on backups sometimes. There are a few other people who help out on some songs too. This is their third album and it is really nice. Soft, airy, and gentle with generally moody or sad songs. The album has a real winter feel to it. It's kind of sparse and cold. I really enjoyed it a lot. Recommended for anyone wanting soft indie rock.|
My Picks: 4, 5, 10
Katie P. 2/24/03
1) Slow guitar fingering turns into strumming. With about 3 minutes left the drums come in and it picks up tempo. Then gentle female vocals are added.
2) Midtempo song with clean guitar line. Female leads with male backup vocals. Overall quiet song.
3) Slow midtempo with lazy strumming guitar. Soft layered vocals. Strumming guitar turns into an almost banging strum.
4) Uptempo with a solid driving beat. Female vocals. Droning guitars.
5) Dragging midtempo with a 6/8 rhythm. Guitar, sliding cello string noise, and plodding drums. Airy vocals. Pretty sad.
6) Starts slow with guitar and talking vocals. About half through female vocals start singing, then back to talking.
7) Starts with guitar plinking and plunking noises. Then strumming begins with a midtempo beat. Female vocals. Big guitar jam (at least 2 guitars) in the middle.
8) Slow midtempo bass with female vocals. Very minimal feel.
9) Slow and dragging. Can barely hear the guitars and then layered vocals come in with ah-ahs. Very quiet and drops out to just the female vocals at times.
10) Midtempo with nice strumming guitar. Sweet female vocals. This is really nice.
11) Layered guitars with a plodding midtempo beat. Airy female vocals.
|1.||Adam's Song||6.||In the Gold|
|2.||I'm Part of Everything Again||7.||Back to Hold You|
|3.||Fifty Dollars||8.||People to People|
|4.||There's no One You Won't||9.||Give|
|11.||Less than the Needle|