|Feud, the / Language Is Technology|
|Album:||Language Is Technology||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Insidious Plot Audio|
|Add Date:||2003-07-14||Pull Date:||2003-09-15|
|Week Ending:||3 Aug||27 Jul||20 Jul|
|1.||Jul 27, 2003:||To the Moon |
Le Passion De Noam Jamski
|4.||Jul 21, 2003:||Radio Red Well |
Citizen Beautiful Alien
|2.||Jul 24, 2003:||sad and dangerous |
Xyr Fingers for the Young...
|5.||Jul 17, 2003:||Mr. Sparkle Challenge |
Xyr Fingers for the Young Ghost Allegiance
|3.||Jul 22, 2003:||lick my moody guitar show |
Don't Be Such a Fucking...
|6.||Jul 17, 2003:||Off the Path |
This is so Chicago -- emo, kraut, math rock are all here in varying degrees with mixed results. This is their second album, all instrumental with slightly dirty guitars, drums, bass, and saxophone. A lot of songs have some great moments, but at times the song structure (essentially ABA) tended to be repetitive and long-winded. Maybe it’s because the Midwest math/emo sound isn’t as trendy as it was only five years ago. Nevertheless, there are definitely some rockin’ riffs, novel ideas, and energetic moments that work really well. Think also of June of 44, Ganger. 8, 4, 1, 5|
1. poppy, fuzzy with krautrock-y groove middle section. math at end.
2. uptempo, clean guitars strummed hard, with saxophone melody
3. drums, mean bassline; but smooth jazz saxophone section ruins it.
4. catchy upbeat with cool middle section. great!
5. mathy intro, repetitive hard groove midway, wonderful.
6. this is chicago emo. Hard and relentless but not heavy.
7. hard groove. middle section doesn’t satisfy as much.
8. shorter song, hard nice energy. my favorite on this album.
9. epic length song, really catchy at times, boring at other times.
|1.||N'finite Rug||5.||Le Passion De Noam Jamski|
|2.||Tidy Sum (A Brilliant Idea)||6.||Don't Be Such a Fucking...|
|3.||Citizen Beautiful Alien||7.||King Abner Soul Fist|
|4.||Curdins Haylyn||8.||Xyr Fingers for the Young...|
|9.||There Is no Sleep/Desized|