|Beyond the Sixth Seal / Earth and Sphere|
|Album:||Earth and Sphere||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Beyond the Sixth Seal||Added:||02/2003|
|Label:||Life Force Records|
|Add Date:||2003-03-31||Pull Date:||2003-06-02||Charts:||Loud|
|Week Ending:||1 Jun||25 May||18 May||11 May||4 May||27 Apr||20 Apr||13 Apr|
|1.||Feb 16, 2005:||The Sun Never Sets on Cool |
Idol in Human Form
|4.||May 28, 2003:||The Disclaimer |
|2.||May 13, 2004:||The Triumph of Time Over Space |
A Homicide Divine
|5.||May 21, 2003:||The Disclaimer - Megawatts of Mass Metal |
|3.||Nov 06, 2003:||The Human Condition - Under Immense Pressure |
A Subtle Texture
|6.||May 14, 2003:||The Disclaimer - All Covered Up |
The Birthing Apparatus
This is really good melodic death metal, done American style, with some very slight, yet very tasty, tinges of hardcore. Think At the Gates, with a Maiden groove, and with Amon Amarth vocals. Got it? Now add some Cliff Burton-esque bass riffs, some sickly dual-guitar melodies, some awesome lyrics and subtract the blast beats and this is what you get. Fantastic stuff all around, with great guitar riffs, tight bass and drums, and a low-growling screamer that fits the music perfectly. This is excellent, excellent stuff, and I urge you to play it, lots. |
2) Very chaotic, furious death metal, yet very melodic, even catchy I would say.
3) More fury, but the lyrics to this are just so fucking cool, man!
4) Great melodic death, with a really neat, albeit a little generic and unoriginal, piano outro.
5) The melodies that open up this song are superb, and the growls that follow it are even better. And the lyrics, they own you! Plus, it’s got a cool semi-breakdown.
6) Short and bittersweet.
7) Oooooo, emotional. And really tight Arch Enemy-like riffing and drumming add to the experience.
8) More melody and harmony, and even some Maiden-inspired groove.
9) More great stuff. Check out the outro to this track. Smooth...
Look, I’ve recommended all the tracks so far. You get the drift. This album is very good. So play any song from it.
Track 10 has a “bonus hidden” track; it fades to an end at the 4:40 mark, then 4 minutes of silence, followed by a hilarious children's song about animals, featuring many weird animal samples, all done death metal style. Track 11 is 6 seconds of silence.
|2.||Idol in Human Form||6.||A Homicide Divine|
|3.||A Potent Wind||7.||Lift High the Banner of Fals|
|4.||Faceless||8.||The Birthing Apparatus|
|9.||A Subtle Texture|