|Aalcho / Sugar|
|Add Date:||2003-04-28||Pull Date:||2003-06-30||Charts:||RPM/Electronica|
|Week Ending:||29 Jun||22 Jun||18 May||11 May|
|1.||Wed, 25 Jun 03:||hedgehog|
Bite and Hide
|4.||Fri, 09 May 03:||Geoff|
The Digital/Analog War
|2.||Thu, 19 Jun 03:||The Voice of Doom|
Interim Sneak Attack Takeover
|5.||Thu, 08 May 03:||J.C.|
An Epiphany Of Sound
|3.||Wed, 14 May 03:||angi|
the discovery channel
even though their name sounds like sneezing (aalacho! bless you), this group manages to self-release an album of decent and interesting tracks, mostly electronic and downtempo. the tracks i like best are #1, #4, #5, #6, #11 but too bad some of these are not exactly FCC-friendly. |
1. trip-hop with spacey female vocals and an interestingly jittery feel. mysterious and moody. FCC: i think she says 'fucking' somewhere around 3:30 - too bad.
2. a little chaotic. a little abstract. a little repetitious.
3. minimal beat and raspy, near-whispered vocals.
4. faster, almost latin-jazzy beat and crazy rounds of spoken female vocals. FCC? i think she says "asshole" a few times.
5. drawn-out waves of distorted guitar(?) and a slow stompy beat. cool.
6. this could be track 5 movement 2. another stompy one but with female vocals this time. still pretty cool.
7. almost techno with weird robotic/video game noises and assorted weird samples. a little cheesy but kind of fun.
8. sounds a little like electronic music from the 80s. retro!
9. sensitive-boy vocals, strummy guitar. a little out of place on this album even with the random sonar bleeps.
10. back to the slow downtempo beat. with a heavier emphasis on the fem vocals here.
11. definitely not downtempo. the most techno sounding track on the whole album. play me at a rave! (it's a remix of #3)
|1.||I'll Go||6.||Send It in a Letter|
|2.||Sugar||7.||Thinking About U|
|4.||Mr. Monster||9.||In Your Hands|
|5.||I Oughta Know||10.||Sara|
|11.||Satellite (Evolved Mix)|