|Cutters, the / In the Valley of Enchantment|
|Album:||In the Valley of Enchantment||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2003-05-19||Pull Date:||2003-07-21|
|Week Ending:||20 Jul||13 Jul||6 Jul||22 Jun||15 Jun||8 Jun||1 Jun||25 May|
|1.||Fri, 23 Oct 09:||Trent Kay|
The DJ Never Has It
|4.||Thu, 10 Jul 03:||Mr. Sparkle|
Mr. Sparkle Challenge
|2.||Fri, 24 Oct 03:||angi|
the discovery channel
|5.||Sat, 05 Jul 03:||Eric K!|
In the Leaves
|3.||Thu, 17 Jul 03:||Mr. Sparkle|
Mr. Sparkle Challenge
|6.||Wed, 02 Jul 03:||jones de crisco|
press and release
The Cutters "In the Valley of Enchantment" - 4 kids from the bay area (as far as I can tell). This is their 2nd album I think and it's quite good. Lots of super catchy pop songs with a punk edge here and there. Great female vocals, crunchy guitars, bass, and drums. Songs range from quite lighthearted and fun to gritty, angry, and sad (although it never gets that sad). This album is a lot of fun and has some high energy. Plus the Blondie cover just makes me laugh. Highly recommended for those wanting catchy pop that rocks a little more. |
My Picks: 1, 8, 9 (fcc)
Katie P. 5/8/03
1) Uptempo and fun. Very catchy with some great vocal harmonies. Great pop with a punky sound.
2) A little slower, but still fast midtempo. Has an 80's feel that I can't really place. No keyboards, only guitars. Weird lyrics, but pretty fun.
3) Uptempo and boppy. Keyboards at the beginning, but falls back into the punky guitars. Totally catchy.
4) Faster midtempo. More of a sad and angsty feeling on this one.
5) Uptempo with a solid driving beat. Whoa, crazy fast vocals in some places. And a nice guitar solo.
6) Dragging midtempo cover of the Blondie song. Uses a slide guitar. Totally laid-back dreamy feeling. Other than that it's a pretty straight cover.
7) Starts with bass. The rest of the band comes pounding in. Fast midtempo with a solid driving beat. Pretty catchy. Fcc: says "shit."
8) Uptempo and lighthearted feeling. Catchy lyrics. Totally fun. Cute ending with bells.
9) Crunchy guitars with a fast tempo. Ooo, angry distorted vocals. Very gritty, but with a great hook. Fcc: says "shit."
10) Slower and quiet. Lots of instruments on this one. A little sad. Gets pretty lush and almost orchestral feeling in the chorus parts. Song ends with 3:40 left. Silence for about 20 seconds and then the secret song comes in. Feels like a drum machine. Fast midtempo with crunchy guitars. As always, totally catchy.
|1.||(Back in The) 20TH Century||6.||Dreaming|
|3.||Type a Girl||8.||Postcards|
|5.||All the Girls||10.||Partly Cloudy|