|Con Dolore / Sailor's Warning|
|Artist:||Con Dolore||Added:||Mar 2003|
|Add Date:||2003-06-16||Pull Date:||2003-08-18|
|Week Ending:||Aug 10||Jul 27||Jul 13||Jun 29|
|1.||Dec 05, 2003:||the discovery channel - album week |
|4.||Jul 25, 2003:||15 Miles til Sunday |
|2.||Aug 25, 2003:||Fly By Night |
Are You Still there
|5.||Jul 11, 2003:||15 Miles til Sunday |
|3.||Aug 08, 2003:||15 Miles til Sunday |
A Giant Wave
|6.||Jun 23, 2003:||stirling's approximation |
dreamy and lazy pop with a hint of shoegazer. simple yet interesting. first half of cd features beautiful angelic female vocals a la kristy moss - her voice reminds me a little bit of juliana hatfield. this is the last of con dolore supposedly - so enjoy it while you can! don't ask me to pick favorites - i liked all the tracks!|
1. like an orchestra tuning up before the concert.
2. pretty standard pop with catchy hooks and a steady beat.
3. bleeps jumping all over the place leading into a slower, more dramatic, and overall moodier track. i like it!
4. light and airy track with some 'dub-dub-dub's and a funny outtake or something ~4:00.
5. fuzzy male vocals join in here. stompy beat and slightly creepy lyrics create a nice atmosphere that's not so happy-poppy.
6. funny intermission - simple guitar and male vocals along with samples of many annoying movie theater noises (soda cans opening, chips rustling, pager beeps).
7. simple guitar-driven song with male vocals and a light sprinkling of samples.
8. take lazy, then add another dose of lazy and season with a little bit of sadness. voila!
9. take kristy's voice. slowly add in the rock. rinse and repeat. then towards the end, throw in everything you got and rock out! i love it!
|1.||Intro||5.||Faces in Drapes|
|3.||A Snowy 3 Miles||7.||Quietly and Still|
|4.||Are You Still there||8.||A Giant Wave|