|Various Artists / Hookah Cafe|
|Add Date:||2003-06-02||Pull Date:||2003-08-04||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||27 Jul||20 Jul||13 Jul||6 Jul||29 Jun||22 Jun||15 Jun||8 Jun|
|1.||Jul 22, 2003:||the jewish alternative |
|4.||Jul 05, 2003:||Morning Glory |
|2.||Jul 18, 2003:||15 MIles til Sunday: hey- tonight it's your show |
|5.||Jun 28, 2003:||Spherical Sounds |
|3.||Jul 10, 2003:||Trip Over Zero |
Jilala 2/NOCTURNAL Ritual
|6.||Jun 24, 2003:||the jewish alternative |
Dreamy songs good for meditation or blowing smoke rings. Much of this is oversynthed, but there are some interesting, memorable, quality pieces.|
1. Meandering fem vox, catchy, repetitive tune and droning synths. Appealing and mystical.
2. Echoe-y violin and lute atop a synthesized drumbeat. Fragments of male vox, fem sighs (!),
3. Windy, artificial-sounding synths, solo trumpet, Eh.
4. Hamza sings & accompanies self on oud. Quality music.
5. Ethereal, loungy feel, w/ soaring male Arabic vox.
6. Nice pipes over synth bed for that high lonesome sound.
7. Soaring, ghostly fem vox, violin picks tune up later. Pretty and delicate w/ moderate perc. Sounds like a movie track.
8. Cymbals, perc., violin, fun tune, No synths in sight, thank goodness.
9. Lute, meandering pipes, measured & stately.
10. Male vox, guitar, drony synths, dreamy.
11. Electronica w/ piano, song fragments. Double eh.
12. Soaring fem vox over windy synths. We have this CD in our library, btw.