|Pape & Cheikh / Mariama|
|Artist:||Pape & Cheikh||Added:||03/2003|
|Add Date:||2003-06-02||Pull Date:||2003-08-04||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||10 Aug||3 Aug||13 Jul||6 Jul||29 Jun||15 Jun||8 Jun|
|1.||Dec 24, 2005:||Blues Marathon - It's a Big Blues World |
|4.||Jul 30, 2003:||press and release |
|2.||Jun 01, 2004:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|5.||Jul 08, 2003:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|3.||Aug 04, 2003:||Fly By Night |
|6.||Jul 07, 2003:||The Southern World |
Ma Ansou, Soni
Senegalese duo with piano, guitars, accordion. Intense, with soaring vocals. Track 7 was adopted by 24 pol. parties in a national election. These guys really rock out, though sometimes the acoustic guitar is a bit much. Highly recommended. |
1. Upbeat, mid-tempo to fast. Tight, warbling male/fem vox. Excellent.
2. Intense male vox, driving and repetitive tune.
3. Vox like a machine gun, fast backing by guitar. Powerful.
4. Group vox, catchy, simple tune about war.
5. Nice rhythmic guitar behind vox. Slower than other songs (but still fast).
6. Bluesy guitar, raspy vox, contemplative, slow feel, but still intense.
7. Complex rhythm, cool percussion, Group vox, mid-tempo.
8. Slow, mellow guitar, piano & accordion explode into powerful group vox.
9. Syncopated, fun guitar tune. Playful.
10. Rich mix of guitars, percussion, looping up and down the sclaes.
11. Fast, bluesy guitar, lots of percussion. Intense stuff.
12. Cheerful song, complex rhythm. Fades out with 30 seconds to go.