|Various Artists / African Playground|
|Label:||Putumayo World Music|
|Add Date:||2003-05-26||Pull Date:||2003-07-28||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||13 Jul||6 Jul||29 Jun||22 Jun||15 Jun||8 Jun||1 Jun|
|1.||May 15, 2017:||Everything A to Z - Week 87 |
|4.||Mar 13, 2004:||Fly By Night--with Interview |
|2.||Sep 07, 2010:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|5.||Dec 28, 2003:||radiomundi |
|3.||Jun 27, 2006:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|6.||Jul 08, 2003:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
If I were a really cool kid, I’d love this. As it is, I’m just a mildly cool grown-up, but I still think it’s great. The liner notes provide a nice, kid-size intro to Africa & its musical traditions. Most songs upbeat and happy.|
1. Upbeat disco-y party.
2. Silly reggae-esque Swahili for horns & very happy chorus.
*3. The (semi) original Zulu version of “lion sleeps tonight”
4. Fun soukouss with an joyful feeling..
*5. Happy, bouncy w/very nice vocals.
6. Upbeat dance for synths, drums, chorus.
7. Light and happy w/harp, vocals, perc.
*8. Kalimba, flutes, vox. Catchy.
9. Children’s round song. Fun..
*10. Cool vocal harmonies & percussion.
11. Relaxed and sweet w/nice guitar & percussion..
12. Pretty & simple w/female vocals.
*13. Swinging & jazzy w/a fun rhythm.