|Album:||Days in Mar Del Plata||Collection:||World|
|Artist:||De Moraes, Vinicius||Added:||Apr 2003|
|Add Date:||2003-08-25||Pull Date:||2003-10-27||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Nov 2||Oct 19||Sep 21||Aug 31|
|1.||Feb 11, 2020:||Global Ginga
Tarde Em Itapoa, Samba Da Bencao, Testamento
|4.||Oct 13, 2003:||Fly By Night
|2.||Mar 09, 2004:||Sunshine ... in the Afternoon
|5.||Oct 13, 2003:||told ya so!
O Dia Da Criacao
|3.||Oct 27, 2003:||told ya so!
Samba Da Bencao
|6.||Sep 16, 2003:||No Cover, No Minimum (at the Cafe Bohemian)
Circular Moves, 1971/2003
BRAZIL – This is a follow-up to last year's re-release of the "Live in Buenos Aires" album, which featured de Moraes with Toquinho on guitar and singer Maria Creuza. Just like that album, this is a studio reconstruction of an intimate live performance. But Creuza has been replaced by the great Maria Bethania, who was just emerging at the time. Rhythm quartet adds drive. Good stuff, but beware: it’s a scratchy recording!
Fo's Picks: 2, 5, 7, 9
01. 4:11 – lounge-y music and amused banter, then a lighthearted vocal duet
02. 2:59 – spoken intro; lovely guitar and low vocal build in excitement
03. 2:40 – uptempo samba, nice vocal duet (Vinicius/Toquinho)
04. 2:17 – brief instrumental samba, nice guitar work
05. 9:17 – spoken intro & lengthy spoken breaks over a relaxed samba
06. 4:36 – spoken intro; very '70s mellow melody; recording is distractingly scratchy
07. 2:00 – Bethania kicks butt in this short, uptempo tune
08. 3:32 – Instantly identifiable as a Baden Powell tune. Nice ballad, all 3 sing.
09. 3:47 – spoken intro; uptempo anthem w/tight duet vox
10. 1:56 – short, evocative ballad for Bethania + guitar; like a fado song
11. 4:27 – poetry reading; jazz bassline comes in after 2 minutes. Very cool.
[Fo] - 8/22/03
|1.||A Tonga Da Mironga Do Kabule||6.||Tarde Em Itapoa|
|2.||E De Manha||7.||Viramundo|
|3.||Samba Da Rosa||8.||Apelo|
|4.||Testamento||9.||Como Dizia O Poeta|
|5.||Samba Da Bencao||10.||O Que Tinha De Ser|
|11.||O Dia Da Criacao|