Yes! Local (SF-based) punk/art-punk/post-punk that sounds as if it were coming from the Dischord House studios circa 1985-90. Undoubtly a DC-punk sound (Minor Threat, Fugazi, Dag Nasty) which can be traced all the way back to the grey ugly urban militant mood of the Ex (especially drum/bass lines). Serious attitude, angular no-melody guitars, a harsh/dirty chord base, frenetic rhythmic build-up's/down's, dissonant guitar solos that hang in time with sustained distortions (see fugazi) while drums and vocals communicate a militant apocalyptic mood. Great fucking vocals! These guys grew up on the east coast (Florida) and you know it! No CA-based punk has ever sounded like this before. This will make you pump your fists.
Play 7, 9 (FCC), 3, 4, 1
1. Fast, serious, angry, angular riffs, goth lyrics.
2. Fast. Loud. Nice rhythmic intermissions and instrumental drop-outs.
3. Straight forward dissonant punk. Reminds early Fugazi.
4. Dissonant angular solos. Apocalyptic, goth mood. Frenetic/noisy guitar riffs.
5. FCCs (fuck/fuckin; repeated). Nice punk drum solo for intro.
6. FCCs! Impossible to play. F-word lyrics have been cut from the inner cover liner notes.
7. Drum/bass line reminds of the Ex. Angular guitars ring Fugazi. An elusive melody. An xplosive build up into a pile of noise. The end. Play!
8. Aggresive. Loud. Straight forward. FCCs (shit)
9. FCCs (fuckin' fun). See track 7.
10. Sentimental electric guitar playing solo at acoustic levels. Lots of string picking (no strumming).
11. More melodic. Flirts with pop-punk.