|Bottles and Skulls / Born in a Black Light|
|Album:||Born in a Black Light||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Bottles and Skulls||Added:||04/2003|
|Add Date:||2003-06-23||Pull Date:||2003-08-25||Charts:||Loud|
|Week Ending:||24 Aug||17 Aug||3 Aug||27 Jul||20 Jul||13 Jul||6 Jul||29 Jun|
|1.||Thu, 09 Aug 07:||Riina & Murray|
|4.||Wed, 03 Mar 04:||johnn|
best of the bay area
|2.||Wed, 28 Apr 04:||mike|
Baptism of Solitude
|5.||Thu, 28 Aug 03:||mike|
Baptism of Solitude
|3.||Wed, 17 Mar 04:||mike|
|6.||Thu, 21 Aug 03:||the BIG CHIEF|
On The Warpath
|Elias (Dr Furious)|
Yes! Local (SF-based) punk/art-punk/post-punk that sounds as if it were coming from the Dischord House studios circa 1985-90. Undoubtly a DC-punk sound (Minor Threat, Fugazi, Dag Nasty) which can be traced all the way back to the grey ugly urban militant mood of the Ex (especially drum/bass lines). Serious attitude, angular no-melody guitars, a harsh/dirty chord base, frenetic rhythmic build-up's/down's, dissonant guitar solos that hang in time with sustained distortions (see fugazi) while drums and vocals communicate a militant apocalyptic mood. Great fucking vocals! These guys grew up on the east coast (Florida) and you know it! No CA-based punk has ever sounded like this before. This will make you pump your fists.|
Play 7, 9 (FCC), 3, 4, 1
1. Fast, serious, angry, angular riffs, goth lyrics.
2. Fast. Loud. Nice rhythmic intermissions and instrumental drop-outs.
3. Straight forward dissonant punk. Reminds early Fugazi.
4. Dissonant angular solos. Apocalyptic, goth mood. Frenetic/noisy guitar riffs.
5. FCCs (fuck/fuckin; repeated). Nice punk drum solo for intro.
6. FCCs! Impossible to play. F-word lyrics have been cut from the inner cover liner notes.
7. Drum/bass line reminds of the Ex. Angular guitars ring Fugazi. An elusive melody. An xplosive build up into a pile of noise. The end. Play!
8. Aggresive. Loud. Straight forward. FCCs (shit)
9. FCCs (fuckin' fun). See track 7.
10. Sentimental electric guitar playing solo at acoustic levels. Lots of string picking (no strumming).
11. More melodic. Flirts with pop-punk.
|1.||Underground Girl||6.||Pimento Llama|
|2.||Rip Off the Streets||7.||Black Wedding|
|3.||All My Friends Are Evil||8.||My Rifle|
|4.||Please Please Me||9.||Party Crasher|
|5.||I Dissect Humans||10.||Kill the Music|