Herky-jerky hardcore hybrid, stringy and trebly, catchy catchy. Two vocalists and I love the way they play off each other (though their voices both drive me bats). The hardcore parts are usually pretty similar from song to song – jud-jud, dee dee dee, aaargh argh aaaaa! – but the songs all break down into different things – quiet muttering, keyboards, singing, ska. It’s either genius or totally gratuitous and annoying. Me, I like it, one song at a time….
1. supershort intro, ends w/clapping
3. reverby breakdowns with actual singing
4. * waltzy bits, weird ska breakdowns, keyboards, and sneery screaming
5. scratchy guitar and muttering, pop breakdowns
7. * bassy ominous keyboards and clash-clashing, rad ba-ba-ba breakdown
8. especially frenetic, with “oh! oh! oh!”s, muttery breakdown
12. builds to a climax and then stops mid-word