|All Girl Summer Fun Band / 2|
|Artist:||All Girl Summer Fun Band||Added:||05/2003|
|Add Date:||2003-08-04||Pull Date:||2003-10-06|
|Week Ending:||5 Oct||28 Sep||21 Sep||14 Sep||7 Sep||31 Aug||24 Aug||17 Aug|
|1.||Mon, 16 Oct 17:||amy cummings|
|4.||Thu, 04 Apr 13:||glu|
applications and extensions
|2.||Wed, 13 Apr 16:||iota|
does radio suck?
|5.||Sat, 03 Mar 12:||glu|
Feral Pop Frenzy
|3.||Sat, 26 Jul 14:||Scout and Skipper|
|6.||Sat, 18 Feb 12:||glu|
Feral Pop Frenzy
All Girl Summer Fun Band "2" - The second album put forth by the cute girls from Portland Oregon. This is a nice one too! Pop, pop, and more pop goodness with just a little punky edge thrown in for fun. Guitar is really nice laying down some interesting lines and the bass is totally crunchy. And of course you still have the beautiful layers upon layers of vocals harmonies with all the yeah-yeahs, ah-ahs, and oh-ohs that you could ever need. This one reminds me a lot of Heavenly's first album (minus the british accents). Excellent pop music that will get you dancing.|
My Picks: 2, 3, 8, 10, 12
Katie P. 7/28/03
1) Starts with girl dictating to typewriter. Then kicks into a great poppy punky tune. Uptempo and bouncy. Great harmonies on vocals.
2) Nice driving uptempo. Still cute and sweet. Man this has a great hook.
3) Nice midtempo. Cool guitar lines along with nice "whoa-oh-ohs."
4) Bouncy and cute. Midtempo and soft. Funny song about a crush on Jason Lee.
5) Starts with crunching bass line. Uptempo and very cute. Weird lyrics.
6) Faster midtempo with a slower guitar line on top. Kind of has a far away sound on the guitar. Lots of ah-ahs and vocal harmonies.
7) Slower feeling with solid midtempo bass line. Sweet soft vocals on top with slow keyboard notes. Very dreamy feel (which works given the title).
8) Cool video game sounding keyboards. Cool uptempo number that is kinda angry.
9) Ooo, cute ah-ahs to start with a nice guitar line. Driving uptempo and great handclaps!
10) Nice midtempo that's laid back and fun. Great song about trying to find a parking spot in the city (parallel parking).
11) Starts with jerky crunchy bass. Falls into a bouncy uptempo tune. Great harmonies on vocals.
12) Solid midtempo tune with a great hook. Great keyboards and tambourine on this one. This one is cool! Gets faster at times.
13) Soft and sweet. Very quiet with cute ah-ahs and sweet simple guitar. Kicks in with the full band nice and loud. Funny lyrics.
14) Uptempo and fun. Crunchy guitars and cute yeah-yeahs.