|Beans / Inner Cosmosis|
|Label:||Foreverbad Media Ranch|
|1.||Jul 31, 2015:||Breakaway Bluff |
I was worried about two things when I saw the cover of the CD: that the title was a navel-gazing phrase such as "inner cosmosis" and that the band saw fit to specify the duration of the CD on the front - 63 minutes, 19 seconds. Those two things to me spelled narcosis (not cosmosis) (or perhaps, illicit drugs). Sure enough, what you have here is dream-pop that is not nearly as effective as, say, Füxa or Windy & Carl. And the song titles! Oh my god, by the 7-minute mark of the second track (about a third of the way through the album), all I could think was that they'd been strumming the same damned chord for nearly 20 minutes. Still, let me not deter anyone to whom this seems like a good way to entertain (or annoy) listeners.|
1. Avoid except to fill dead air if nothing else is at hand
2. That goes double for this one
3. The infernal strumming has ceased; now it's just druggy drift and sleepy vocals
4. Here we encounter some actual dynamics - different drumbeats from one measure to the next, some chiming guitars, some muscle in the bass
5. Well, the previous track wasn't so bad - call this a mellower take on it - and move along
6. Guitar and organ drone with feedback; sweet relief!
7. The fucking gall! A track consisting of ten seconds of (scattered, mild) applause, followed by a "Thanks." No, no, NO, NO THANKS to you for wasting 63'19" of my life!
|3.||All Planets||6.||All Worlds|