|Timesbold / Timesbold|
|Label:||Tin Drum Recordings|
|Add Date:||2003-06-30||Pull Date:||2003-09-01|
|Week Ending:||31 Aug||24 Aug||17 Aug||3 Aug||27 Jul||20 Jul||13 Jul||6 Jul|
|1.||Fri, 09 Dec 05:||Boo Radley|
Biff Bang Pow
|4.||Wed, 13 Aug 03:||Westy|
|2.||Fri, 29 Aug 03:||J|
15 MIles til Sunday
|5.||Thu, 31 Jul 03:||Westy|
Off the Path (Sub)
|3.||Fri, 22 Aug 03:||J|
15 Miles til Sunday
|6.||Thu, 31 Jul 03:||johnn|
sad and dangerous
Brooklyn NY’s Timesbold delivers just what the review says: A backbone of the sad folk-country of Will Oldham/Palace/Bonnie Prince Billy with much more developed and varied instrumentation. Driven primarily by acoustic guitar and voice, most songs use banjo, piano, harmonica, cello, and lo-fi keyboards to enrich. Each song involves layering of a lot of instruments but never does it feel overdone or overproduced. Instead, it keeps each song refreshing with nice surprises when an instrument rises out of the mix. Still, the best parts are the poignant, intimate moments of guitar and quivering voice. Great! 4, 10, 2, 3.|
1. midtempo folk song w/ strummed acoustic guitars, layered.
2. lonely acoustic + vox. piano, flutes (harmonium?), bowed bass.
3. midtempo 6/8 country song with harmonica, banjo, acoustic.
4. acoustic + vox, with accents from xylophone, strings, banjo.
switches at end to accordion and bass progression. great!
5. FCC. uptempo, banjo and acoustic. great, angry country.
6. sad acoustic + voice. swirls, cello, harmonica come in one by one.
7. catchy folk song w/ arpeggiated guitar, vox, bass.
8. midtempo country song w/ banjo riff, guitar, saw.
9. quiet and sad. guitar, piano, voice, lo-fi synth chords.
10. banjo and piano driven country song. starts slow and picks up.
11. sad song w/ guitar + voice, adding some slide guitar, accordion.
|1.||Gin I Win||6.||Water Bearer|
|2.||Sewn in Seems||7.||Word|
|3.||Sin(G)||8.||Some Awful Men|
|4.||Ee Cummings||9.||Knife Attack|
|5.||House Demands||10.||It's Been a Fine Time...|