|Bananas, the / Nautical Rock N Roll|
|Album:||Nautical Rock N Roll||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2003-06-23||Pull Date:||2003-08-25|
|Week Ending:||24 Aug||17 Aug||27 Jul||20 Jul||13 Jul||6 Jul||29 Jun|
|1.||Sat, 26 Nov 11:||D. Cannibal|
Overkill: Musical Ibuprofen
|4.||Thu, 26 Mar 09:||Captain Meno|
Songs of the Whale
|2.||Sat, 02 Apr 11:||D. Cannibal|
The Return of Overkill Radio!
|5.||Thu, 12 Oct 06:||Eel|
|3.||Sat, 29 Jan 11:||D. Cannibal|
|6.||Thu, 11 May 06:||Eel|
|Elias (Dr Furious)|
Sacramento-based pop rawk. This is kind like the garage-punk version of Ben Folds Five; if there is such a thing. Instrumentation is balls-out rawk, but melodic hooks and vocals dwell upon a very familiar pop recipe that may leave you with mixed emotions. Give it a chance for it is local and indie. Plus, there is definitely some passion behind this band. You can hear it. |
Play 3, 1, 5
1. Raw - fast - in your face - nice psychobilly turn at about 1:00 min - This track is the only one that does NOT follow the pop aesthetic. Play!
2. Thunderous intro - Punk pop reminds Green Day
3. Dissonant guitar work, raw vocals, nice rock melody at the chorus. Play!
4. Fast and screamingly furious. Pop melody.
5. A Beatlesque quality - Some vocal elements good; others a bit cheesey and commercial. Nice melodic guitar riffs.
6. Nice - pretty guitar work. Upbeat.
7. This is track that inspired the Ben Folds Five comment
8. Annoying vocals! Guitars remind the Strokes.
9. Pop alt sound. Annoying vox. "fuckin'" FCCs.
10. Short guitar phrases. Garagey solos and mood.
11. Acoustic guitar - accordion - whinny vox
|1.||Blood on My Bananas||6.||The Peasants Are Revolting|
|2.||Billy Rueben||7.||Casual Friday|
|3.||Adventures of the Incorrigib||8.||Another Ominous Warning Abou|
|4.||You Can't Fire Me... I Split||9.||God's Phone Number|
|5.||American Eyes||10.||Soda Jerk|