|Elliott, Matt / Mess We Made, the|
|Album:||Mess We Made, the||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Elliott, Matt||Added:||Jun 2003|
|Add Date:||2003-08-25||Pull Date:||2003-10-27|
|Week Ending:||Oct 19||Oct 12||Oct 5||Sep 21||Sep 7||Aug 31|
|1.||Jul 17, 2008:||Demo |
The Dog Beneath the Skin
|4.||Oct 09, 2003:||Trip Over Zero |
|2.||Feb 18, 2004:||sad and dangerous |
|5.||Oct 01, 2003:||Stirling's Approximation |
Let Us Break
|3.||Oct 15, 2003:||sad and dangerous |
|6.||Sep 19, 2003:||Stirling's Approximation |
THIS IS REALLY FUCKING GOOD! It reminds me of the style of music from Angelo Badalamenti’s soundtrack to City of Lost Children – fantastic, dark, beautiful, mysterious, and sweet. Expect story-like songs that start with quiet sounds from piano and acoustic guitar and gradually build with orchestration from strings, horns, and sometimes electronic beats. Formerly guitarist of Flying Saucer Attack and aka Third Eye Foundation, Matt Elliott creates some beautiful moods and textures – I wish I had written some of the songs here. Songs will fit best with experimental, indie, classical, or world. This deserves caring attention! ALL GOOD. 1, 8, 3, 7|
1. quiet, beautiful detuned piano with reverse echo vocals, thickens
with arpeggiated piano, almost spanish guitar, and horns
2. swirled vocals, jewelry box feel. quiet deep beat comes in.
3. sweet understated piano with detuned synth strings, accordion.
builds harshly with distorted chorused synth noises. great!
4. slow funeral march, wanders. hard electronica beat comes in later.
5. wandering guitar arpeggios. strings & piano join. slow, brooding.
6. chorus of male vox over accordion, piano. like an old drinking song
7. arpeggiated guitar, over synth orchestrated horns, winds, strings.
8. troubador guitars telling an epic story, nice unexpected moments
|1.||Let Us Break||5.||Cotard's Syndrome|
|2.||Also Ran||6.||The Sinking Ship Song|
|3.||The Dog Beneath the Skin||7.||End|
|4.||The Mess We Made||8.||Forty Days|