Lambent Material is very poignant and beautiful ambient music from this Portland, Oregon, artist. The tone is one of nostalgia, longing, and introspection. Produced mostly by delayed keyboards and guitars, sounds range from smooth and comforting to noisy and captivating. Never does it become harsh, but instead often settles for modest understatement. Easily comparable to Brian Eno. All good, but I particularly liked 4, 2, 5.
1. slow arching, soft keyboard w/ organ buzz standing out. doesn’t change much but instead works to create a sad, nostalgic aura.
2. atmospheric backdrop w/ detuned reverby guitar and really cool feedback (gentle) howls layered on top of each other. pining.
3. slow piano ballad w/ some room sounds, breathy clarinet comes in
4. long piece. beautiful white noisy wall of sound really nicely done, gains in midrange to reveal the source guitar and continues building. great texture of static-y distorted guitar-produced ambience.
5. yearning repeated keyboard notes. works well as understatement.