|Red Channels, the / Red Channels, the|
|Album:||Red Channels, the||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Red Channels, the||Added:||07/2003|
|Label:||Silver Girl Records|
|Add Date:||2003-09-29||Pull Date:||2003-12-01|
|Week Ending:||30 Nov||16 Nov||9 Nov||2 Nov||26 Oct||19 Oct||12 Oct||5 Oct|
|1.||Oct 21, 2004:||Fiction Romance |
|4.||Nov 14, 2003:||the discovery channel |
Doesn't Play Well
|2.||Jul 02, 2004:||Distraction-Limited |
|5.||Nov 06, 2003:||15 Miles til Sunday |
|3.||Nov 26, 2003:||sad and dangerous |
It Was All Static
|6.||Oct 29, 2003:||sad and dangerous |
WOW, THIS IS FANTASTIC!!! From Oklahoma City and now located in Portland, Oregon, the Red Channels offer dark, menacing grooves reminiscent of the 80s. **For 4AD and Mazzy Star lovers!** A wonderful pairing of 80s beats and keyboard hooks with an indie guitar sound, the music is enhanced even further by the wonderfully sultry, dark female vocals. Sexy, beautiful, often catchy, and almost gothic, this is so good! I’m picturing an irresistible female version of Nick Cave. I’m also skewed by the fact that I just watched Wings of Desire, which is a film made for this soundtrack. Play over and over again!!! |
9, 2, 10, 4, 1, 6.
1. echoey fem vox. melancholic, strummy guitars w/ poppy chords.
2. slow percussive groove, music like the cure but w/ sad female vox
3. upbeat catchy beat w/ fuzzy keyboard 80s riff. more menacing.
4. really slow, dark, almost gothic. very pretty indie guitar harmonies
5. slow looped hard groove. moody, sarcastic vocals. picks up at end.
6. pretty minor acoustic lick, drums join to a catchy midtempo groove.
7. slow dark groove w/ keyboards. nice distortion sound flares up.
8. quiet whispering for 1st min, then slow dark bass + drum.
9. very 80s disco synth drums with echoey female vox. 4AD anyone?
10. awesome, aggressive, distorted vox, noisy guitars, not representative of rest of album though
|2.||Now Playing||7.||Inanimate Objects|
|3.||It Was All Static||8.||Plastic|
|4.||Doesn't Play Well||9.||Not Catatonic|