|Ex Models / Zoo Psychology|
|Add Date:||2003-09-22||Pull Date:||2003-11-24|
|Week Ending:||23 Nov||16 Nov||9 Nov||2 Nov||26 Oct||19 Oct||12 Oct||5 Oct|
|1.||Sat, 20 Apr 13:||Eme O|
|4.||Tue, 30 May 06:||Neepa|
|2.||Tue, 27 May 08:||dj natty and dj brick|
nag champa orangeasm
|5.||Tue, 08 Nov 05:||Neepa|
|3.||Thu, 03 Aug 06:||stirling|
|6.||Sat, 13 Aug 05:||Elias (Dr Furious)|
I was a teenage zombie
DARE TO ROCK THE FUCK OUT!!! This is some damn good shit. Abrasive and ridiculously energetic in the same way as Lightning Bolt and Pink and Brown, NY’s Ex Models give you a little more room (or time) to say, damn that’s catchy... Think bouncy rather than thrashy. They allow more time for you to appreciate the awesome rhythmic dialogue between the guitars, drums, and voice. It’s that (ok, angular) interplay that feeds the energy and makes you want to bounce. Guitars are rhythmic and noisy of the no wave variety, drums alternate between jerky and straight rockin’, and voice is sarcastically high. Listen to this and think how fucking fun they must be live. These talented fellows have brought us the apex of dancy no wave thrash. Think also at times of Shellac, and play with The Sick Lipstick, currently in the A-file! |
4, 1, 8, 11, 3, 12
1. guitar buzz opens, upbeat bounce escalates into frenzy. rock!
2. alarm clock–like repeated buzz from guitar
3. continues into midtempo angular drumming and accented attack
4. a super catchy bounce w/ great no wave buzzy guitar riffs
5. jerky rhythm like being swung around while uncomfortably drunk
6. midtempo, sarcastic poppy chorus of voices
7. fades into a noise infested groove (quiet – sounds live)
8. voice/drums intro, effective angular guitar enters. Catchy.
9. upbeat bouncy w/ screeching guitar dialogue.
10. quiet noises fade in
11. great screaming guitar w/ bouncy rhythm, high pitched vocals
12. midtempo, jerky rhythm, crazy catchy in a masochistic way
13. really short midtempo jertky groove
14. really short, mostly drums w/ some guitar noises
15. starts quiet, breaks into whacko rhythmic assault.