|Forget Cassettes / Instruments of Action|
|Album:||Instruments of Action||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Theory 8 Records|
|Add Date:||2003-12-16||Pull Date:||2004-02-17|
|Week Ending:||21 Dec|
|1.||May 18, 2007:||The Lunchbox |
|2.||Dec 16, 2003:||Pthbrp Kgbdstftftsspktp |
A Legacy's Demise
This is some decent cathartic emo from Nashville. They are just two people who play guitar, rhodes, and drums. There are some really pretty moments accentuated by sentimental guitars and tense female vocals, as well as a number of great ruthless cathartic distorted rockin’ grooves. Not bad at all! Think also of Sleater-Kinney, Rainer Maria. 1, 5, 2, 9, 7. |
1. quiet, sentimental. pretty guitar + gentle female vox. secret stars
2. quiet guitar, rhodes intro. then rocks out hard, with nice stops.
3. rockin, upbeat, urgent. i’m not into the middle section vox though.
4. midtempo guitar + drums. rocks out at end.
5. cool guitar doodle, rhodes, vox. quiet, then, great cathartic end.
6. pretty, upbeat groove. persistent and rockin throughout.
7. great shout, wish she did more. hard shit. then, clean emo groove.
8. short, pretty guitar and rhodes. sentimental
9. slow hard dirty groove back & forth with clean guitar. moody, nice!
|1.||German Girls||5.||A Legacy's Demise|
|2.||Accismus||6.||Like Tiny Swords|
|3.||Ms. Rhythm and Blues||7.||Bruce Wayne|
|4.||Instruments of Action||8.||Talking Big|