|Nonesuch Explorer Series / Peru: Kingdom of the Suh: Thee|
|Album:||Peru: Kingdom of the Suh: Thee||Collection:||World|
|Artist:||Nonesuch Explorer Series||Added:||Sep 2003|
|Add Date:||2004-01-19||Pull Date:||2004-03-22||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Mar 14||Feb 22||Jan 25|
|1.||Feb 18, 2015:||2-18-2015 |
Adios, Pueblo De Ayachucho, Panpipe Ensemble, Yawlina
|3.||Feb 20, 2004:||Juan 2-3 Show |
|2.||Mar 09, 2004:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|4.||Jan 22, 2004:||forty degrees centrigrade |
From 1969 comes this wonderful collection of music of the Incas. Harps, panpipes, flutes, charango (like a mini-guitar), drums, and vocals. Some of the recordings are cleaner than others, but it’s fascinating stuff.|
*1. Wonderful uptempo dance w/intricate harp playing.
2. Duet for bamboo flutes. Mid-tempo & lyrical.
3. Claps, guitars, and cool wailing vocals. Mid-tempo.
*4. Cool, like an Incan marching band. Pipes & drums.
5. Bouncy, percussive harp w/a bright, happy sound.
6. Harps/guitars/vocals. A carnival song w/good energy.
*7. Fast ensemble playing w/good use of charango.
8. Sweet, clean, simple flute solo.
*9. Fast strings, good ensemble playing. Bright.
*10. A Quechua love song for flute/guitar/male vox.
*11. Panpipe ensemble w/drums. Good stuff.
12. Somewhat atonal guitar solo.
13. Silence at beginning, then live procession.