|Locust, the / Plague Soundscapes|
|Add Date:||2003-11-17||Pull Date:||2004-01-19||Charts:||Loud|
|Week Ending:||4 Jan||28 Dec||21 Dec||14 Dec||30 Nov||23 Nov|
|1.||Mon, 12 Mar 07:||Sans Dosage|
|4.||Sat, 22 Jul 06:||the BIG CHIEF|
On The Warpath
|2.||Mon, 05 Mar 07:||Sans Dosage|
|5.||Thu, 06 Jul 06:||mufaor|
|3.||Sat, 06 Jan 07:||mufaor|
|6.||Tue, 22 Feb 05:||Popcorn|
FUCK YEAH!!! From San Diego, The Locust dish out intense thrashy hardcore highlighted by a noisy synth that sounds like a raygun or raunched out disintegrating FM synth. I saw them live once, but the synth was down in the mix, so they sounded like just another (tight) hardcore band, but with the synth up it's a unique sound. Songs are less than a minute, assaulting with lots of changes. Think also of Lightning Bolt, Neon Hunk, Pink and Brown. All good, but standouts were 11, 13, 19, 3, 4, 7, 8. |
1. thrashy intense, w/ great synth noise
2. more riff oriented, catchy start stop riff
3. hard as shit, w/ sweet swirly wailing synth
4. start stop riff, w/ parts almost dancy
5. accented intro, kickass abstract intense noisy
6. lots of changes, great wailing synth sounds
7. more dbl bass here, call and response vocals
8. false start w/ dancy synth. catchy accented chorus.
9. dark groove, wailing guitars.
10. double bass in your face.
11. catchy midtempo beat, more raunchy, great vocals
12. crazy intense fast faster. Catchy middle section.
13. jerky midtempo rhythm, great end of dbl bass + synth
14. 30 second spazz
15. midtempo more straight on rockin w/ ray gun synth
16. 46 seconds of midtempo metal rockin'
17. 40 sec onslaught, cool synth riff.
18. more abstract, repetitive brooding mechanical satan synth
19. cool jerky intro, more punk than metal yes!
20. midtempo, headbanging tempo.
21. really cool jerky rhythm, more punk, less metal, rayguns
22. 30 second assault
23. thrashy start stop, ends w/ droning synth noise.