|Kill Me Tomorrow / Skin's Getting Weird|
|Album:||Skin's Getting Weird||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Kill Me Tomorrow||Added:||Sep 2003|
|Label:||Gold Standard Laboratorie|
|Add Date:||2003-10-13||Pull Date:||2003-12-15|
|Week Ending:||Dec 14||Nov 23||Nov 16||Nov 9||Nov 2||Oct 26||Oct 19|
|1.||Oct 30, 2010:||Music Casserole |
|4.||Dec 07, 2004:||Eclectica: Interview with John Congleton (The Paperchase) |
|2.||May 28, 2005:||big fill in |
|5.||Nov 10, 2004:||Mr. Sparkle Challenge |
Skin's Getting Weird
|3.||Jan 12, 2005:||Mr. Sparkle Challenge |
Skin's Getting Weird
|6.||Oct 21, 2004:||Fiction Romance |
Kill Me Tomorrow "Skin's Getting Weird" - Three wacky kids playing great noisy rock (recorded by Pall from Black Heart Procession). All guitars are heavily distorted and put through all kinds of effects. The vocals are also quite distorted. Drums sometimes sound very electronic and other times sound like real drums, but either way they tend to be pounding and keep a solid driving beat even when there doesn't seem to be an obvious one. I really liked these songs a lot. They're fun, interesting, and generally eerie. The stereo effects are pretty cool too. Highly recommended for someone who likes rock and is not afraid of noisy weirdness.|
My Picks: 1 (fcc), 2, 4
Katie P. 9/30/03
1) After a few seconds the drums and guitars come in with the vocals. Cool stereo effect of the droning switching from left to right. Male vocals up front with some female backups. Quite noisy with a very creepy feel to it. Guitar keeps basic riff going which keeps the midtempo beat. This is cool. Fcc: says "shit"
2) Drum machine starts it. Guitars come in with distorted vocals and it feels more rocky. Again male vocals with female backups. Guitars get a little spacey with pounding drums.
3) Noises with voice over it describing getting ready for time travel. Fcc: says "fucked"
4) Pounding drums and way distorted guitars and vocals. Nice throbbing bass line. This is about as straight up rock as it gets (on this CD). Don't worry, there's plenty of noise and it's still weird.
5) Drum machine starts it quiet. Muffled guitars and vocals come in (remix of track #2). Stays muffled the whole time as if there is only treble and no bass at all.
6) Similar to track #3, but voice is repeated over and over. Background has a constant noisy beat that's a solid midtempo. Noises are creepy. Kind of like a robotic jungle. Precussion gets more intense as time goes by and then falls back off. Goes on for about 12 minutes. Ends about 10 sec. early. Fcc: says "fucked" quite a few times.
|1.||Skin's Getting Weird||4.||Ghost Rider|
|2.||Whot's All These Teeth About||5.||Skin's Getting Weird|
|3.||Put the Time Machine in Your||6.||Put the Time Machine in Your|