|Add Date:||2004-01-05||Pull Date:||2004-03-08|
|Week Ending:||Mar 7||Feb 22||Feb 15||Feb 8||Feb 1||Jan 25||Jan 18||Jan 11|
|1.||Mar 02, 2004:||"We don't understand your puny human emotions" with special robot guest DJ Sabri
|4.||Feb 12, 2004:||Impromptu!
Papillon International Airpo
|2.||Mar 01, 2004:||Fly By Night
Diablo, Alpha 60
|5.||Feb 10, 2004:||Eclectica
|3.||Feb 17, 2004:||It's my birthday and I'll play what I want to - with special guest Sabrina!!!
|6.||Feb 09, 2004:||Fly by Night
Les Papiers Glaces
French pop, vaguely 60s retro, hints of melancholy, but not too much. Acoustic and electric guitar, trebly synth organ, perc, full and layered. Their basic poppy sound has a dark 1960s tinge, with some forays into electronic noise. Even-tempered enough, but never quite happy-go-lucky; few, if any, major keys. Most vocals in French, some in English. The lyrics are dreamy and fantastical.
1. (3:54) midtempo, dreamy, some accordion
*2. (2:55) a little funky; reverb guitar and funky organ
3. (1:04) interlude of uneasiness; quick drum and electronic based instrumental
*4. (3:16) a little faster and loungy, groovy space nightclub; female harmonies and echoes
5. (3:29) organ and bell-like guitar, echoey, female ooo’s, lush
*6. (2:43) slower and slinky, slow Bond theme, wow-wow’s and organ
7. (3:24) midtempo instrumental groove, slow funk battling amelodic dissonance
*8. (3:56) driving perc. midtempo, organ and accordion, very 60s
9. (3:21) smooth and dark, midtempo, vocals in English about California.
10. (0:24) tiny perc. Interlude with
11. (2:30) more grungy sounding, electronic beeps and glitches, vocals in English; accordion
12. (2:19) perc. Tempo, funky bass, with electronic glitches, whines and buzzes; some guitar. Instrumental.
—reviewed by mandy (la chanteuse)
|4.||Les Papiers Glaces||10.||Luminous Symbol|
|6.||Alpha 60||12.||Papillon International Airpo|