OH MY GOD, DEAD BABIES DEAD BABIES!!! From Montreal, Klaxon Gueule (which means horn scream) are a trio that have roots in free jazz avantgarde and here play improvised ambient noise through sampling unorthodox uses of live instruments and processing those sounds electronically. Textures are minimal but still very interesting, often of the ambient random percussive sound variety. Mood-wise, most tracks are creepy as hell and scare the shit out of me, like I’ve entered an endless field of mutilated dead babies with nothing on the horizon except a sky washed in charcoal. Very fucking cool and very well executed, with no trouble maintaining my attention. Great!!!
3, 5, 7, 9.
1. ambient high-pitched tickling, sparkling sounds w/ occasional quasi-voice like or wind blown noises. foreboding, eerie, dark.
2. nice random percussive ambience w/ loud blips and feedbacks
3. rumbling low-end, glitchy typewriter, aggressive noise, awesome!
4. creepy. deep expansive echo w/ tiny static-y sounds. makes me feel like a headless baby is going to jump out and grab onto my leg.
5. mysterious drone w/ melodic elements and slowly swirling high pitch; percussive strings remind me of sonic youth!
6. quiet drone, minimal harmony in middle, feedback fades in/out
7. random percussive ambience, fidgetty noises, really cool last third.
8. sounds outside, random percussive, sometimes distant crickets
9. layers of loops - detuned guitar sounds like voice, horn is dizzying; at end gets glitchy w/ loud blips and tribal beat-like. weird, cool.
10. deep and dark expanse w/ scary percussive sounds fading in/out.