|Pedal Steel Transmission / Angel of the Squared Circl, th|
|Album:||Angel of the Squared Circl, th||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Pedal Steel Transmission||Added:||Sep 2003|
|Add Date:||2004-01-05||Pull Date:||2004-03-08|
|Week Ending:||Feb 8||Feb 1||Jan 18||Jan 11|
|1.||Feb 07, 2004:||Morning Glory |
|4.||Jan 14, 2004:||In thbe Leaves |
I Save the Last High Style
|2.||Feb 06, 2004:||Discarded. Recycled, and New |
|5.||Jan 06, 2004:||Lick My Moody Guitar |
|3.||Jan 27, 2004:||Lick My Mellow guitar Show |
Pedal Steel Transmission is a lo-fi jam band, with digressions reminiscent of the Red House Painters. A better comparison might be Lambchop, who find a meandering low-key melodic approach with an alt-country flavor. The alt-country tag doesn’t capture this album; the pedal steel is only prominent on a few tracks; some songs sound more like The Doors. Really, these guys are all over the place. The songs are loosely and non-traditionally structured, moving in and out of rhythms and instruments. Most songs are over six minutes long, with a subtle sonic distortion flowing throughout. Individually, the tracks are not focused, but when taken together, I can see how the album makes more sense. |
- Matt M.
1. Down-tempo - begins with classical guitar riffs – then finds a Spanish rhumba rhythm, turns into a electric guitar jam. Ten minutes long.
2. Up-tempo – FCC nice alt. country number - pedal steel showcased.
3. Down-tempo – a low-key trumpet comes into the mix.
5. Mid-tempo – Noise into from 4 – steel guitar echoes the sonic landscape. banjo arpeggios kick in – screams a bit at the end.
6. * Down-tempo – cool picked acoustic guitar riff with piano echo. Use of cello adds to the haunting sound. Reminds me of the distance of Pink Floyd at times.
7. Airy, Melodic instrumental.
8. Up-tempo – low-fi electric guitar driving rhythm. Fun hand-clapping in chorus. Big slow down with piano.
9. Mid-temp – a meandering jam song. Dissonant sonic landscape incorporates odd sounds. Gets interesting at the end.
10. Mid-tempo – FCC
11. Down-tempo – loose bluesy guitar riffs. Melancholy – about a girl. Nine minutes long. Evolves into a classic rock “screaming steadily into the mike” song.
|1.||Waiting||6.||I Save the Last High Style|
|3.||Maritime Glare||8.||Silent Like Hands|
|4.||It's Only a Day 'til My Bed||9.||Editene|
|5.||Breakin Windows Everywhere||10.||Gilman Report|