|Raveonettes, the / Chain Gang of Love|
|Album:||Chain Gang of Love||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2003-10-27||Pull Date:||2003-12-29|
|Week Ending:||28 Dec||21 Dec||14 Dec||30 Nov||23 Nov||16 Nov||9 Nov||2 Nov|
|1.||Sat, 27 Feb 10:||Eme O|
|4.||Sat, 29 Mar 08:||Gus the Fat & the Peanut Galle|
|2.||Tue, 15 Dec 09:||Rhino|
Feed Your Head
|5.||Sat, 06 Oct 07:||Edwin|
Lost and Found
|3.||Fri, 04 Jul 08:||KyleM|
|6.||Mon, 01 Oct 07:||Elias (Dr Furious)|
Under the Radar
|Elias (Dr Furious)|
Play this fucker!!! ONE OF THE BEST FOR 2003. The Raveonettes are the latest rage from Denmark and YES! they are all what they're cracked to be and more. SURFY ELECTROCLASH meets EARLY 90s BRIT-POP (House of Love, Blur). Dreamy psych-pop (sometimes i think sugary Motown-style or breathy and with delay just like most Brit pop vocals of the late 80s- early 90s), reverby power popy garage guitars and shitloads of feedback distortion and noise. If Quintin Tarantino and David Lynch were to make a collaboritive film, this would make the perfect soundtrack. A lethal blend of Suicide, House of Love, the Shirelles, Imperial Teen, and the Ventures. I must be outta my mind. You think...? Play this before dj Riina spins it to the ground (nordic connections and all).|
PLAY: 6, 8, 2, 11, 4 (but every track can equally appeal to you)
1. BritPop feel and production in the vocals. Psych tambourine. Twangy power pop guitars; fully distorted.
2. Trashy electroclashy noise for intro. Heavy distorted bass line. Pretty guitar riff crescendo. Awesome jungly guitars and bells. Brit pop vocals.
3. Psych hand-claps, spacy melodic vocals. Shitloads of sonic noise...!!!
4. Electroclashy beat base. Very Noisy. Pretty vox. Surfy guitars and spacy reverbs.
5. More noise and electroclashy beats with propelling garagy vocals.
6. AWESOME-AWESOME SURF RIFF with electroclashy beat kicking. Rocking reverby guitar chorus. It rocks!
7. Electroclashy beeps, spacy vocals and guitar leads. Lots of noise effects.
8. Garage rock with catchy and frenetic vocal crescendo. Great guitar riffs.
9. FCCs (fuck). Noisy. Pretty melodies. The main groove rips off some popular 50s-60s tune that i am blacking out on right now (think it was an all-girl vocal group on Motown).
10. Bouncy, fresh, careless. Surfy!!! Electroclashy beats on the drum machine.
11. Clever! The sound of chain gang at work bacomes the main rhythm. Chimes and bells. Gotta love the REVERB!!!
12. Psych vocals and guitar riffs. Heavy electroclash beat coupled to bells.
13. Divine power-pop guitar riffs. Uplifting and fun! Nice noisy effects!
|1.||Remember||7.||Love Can Destroy Everything|
|2.||The Great Love Sound||8.||Heartbreak Stroll|
|3.||Noisy Summer||9.||Little Animal|
|4.||The Love Gang||10.||Untamed Girls|
|5.||Let's Rave on||11.||Chain Gang of Love|
|6.||Dirty Eyes||12.||The Truth About Johnny|
|13.||New York Was Great|