|Jedi Mind Tricks / Visions of Gandhi|
|Album:||Visions of Gandhi||Collection:||Hip-hop|
|Artist:||Jedi Mind Tricks||Added:||10/2003|
|Add Date:||2004-02-23||Pull Date:||2004-04-26||Charts:||Hip-Hop|
|Week Ending:||18 Apr||4 Apr||28 Mar||14 Mar||7 Mar||29 Feb|
|1.||Aug 01, 2017:||Waste FM |
|4.||Nov 01, 2006:||Baptism of Solitude |
Blood in Blood Out
|2.||Mar 08, 2010:||FREQUENCY JAM |
|5.||Sep 21, 2006:||Happy Hour |
Boondock Saints Interlude, Nada Cambia
|3.||Apr 26, 2009:||Mhz |
|6.||Feb 27, 2006:||knifefishhappyhour |
Blood in Blood Out
Down to a duo on their second full length (Jus Allah left the group). This is still hardcore and rough hiphop but the production creates some catchy tunes with the use of everything from classical samples, Spanish music, and Mexican music. Lots of guests help out including Canibus (#2), Kool G Rap (#6), and guys from Non-Phixion (#10 & #14). There are some nice short samples/interludes that go well with a lot of tracks but they are separate indexes on the CD. The rhymes are dark and hard and, well, just not as intelligent as the first disc, too much stupid stuff like homophonic lyrics. There are still some great tracks and the AMAZINg|
production really holds it together.
2. Symphony string samples and a straight forward beat. Hard bragging rhyme with only 2 fucks. Great Harry Potter quote.
**3. Awesome beginning. Simple slightly Spanish guitar, sample about god, female vocal samples all into an upbeat almost silly vocal loop. The rap over the top is HARD, “I’m the one who hammered the first nail in jesus”. Mostly clean….one fuck. It goes from saying he likes heavy metal and listening to Sepultura to studying Islam. A great track.
4. Sad keyboard loop and nothing rhyme.
6. Another classical string sample. Quick rhyme that uses some funny tricks but doesn’t say much. Spoken sample in the middle over more strings about being angry. A couple of fucks.
7. Quiet sample into what sounds like a salsa loop with some Spanish guitar. While the music is soft the rhyme is really hard. “I fucking hate you, I hate you mother and father because they made you”. Some homophobic lyrics. Some of these rhymes are great and some suck amd are just stupid.
**8. Old musical sounding loop and super catchy beat with some Tango music thrown in for good measure. Sing-song-y chorus with a couple fucks.
10. Dark sample intro into quick beat ok rhyme. One fuck.
**11. Mexican music sample along with another old musical sounding sample. Catchy and again the rhyme is hard. “Fuck George Bush’s war”.
**13. Great loop with more music from Mexico but it’s only an interlude.
**14. Menacing intro into harder beat and more classical samples. There’s a lot going on with the music, lots of changes.
15. Super catchy loop again leaning classical. Odd tone in the voice of the dude rhyming…but an ok rhyme. Sing-song-y chorus.
17. More Spanish/Mexican music with some vocal loops. Lots of fucks but a damn good track.
Good stuff. -mph