|Themselves / No Music of Aiffs, the|
|Album:||No Music of Aiffs, the||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2003-11-17||Pull Date:||2004-01-19||Charts:||Hip-Hop|
|Week Ending:||11 Jan||28 Dec||14 Dec||30 Nov||23 Nov|
|1.||Fri, 13 Mar 09:||Kremit The Horn|
Emphysema For Emphasis
|4.||Mon, 06 Jun 05:||stirling|
|2.||Thu, 03 Aug 06:||stirling|
|5.||Mon, 28 Feb 05:||stirling|
|3.||Fri, 09 Sep 05:||stirling|
|6.||Mon, 31 Jan 05:||stirling|
A terrific collection of remixes of experimental hip hop tracks off of Themselves’s No Music album. Excellent experimental production combined with the white boy rap of Themselves. I loved the originals of all these songs and I’m liking the remixes even more. Recommended. (great video on the cd, too) |
((1)) The vocal delivery is strong and flowing with fun production. Slowish track.
2) Fluttering beats, vocal samples and heavily effected vocals. Dramatic feeling. ((3)) begins with that annoying computer voice that everyone and their mom use, but otherwise it is a nice remix, the production having been played with the most. Has an interlude of noise and then transitions into a song of a different feel, echoey.
(((4))) **FCC’s** I love this song, but there are a couple of “shits” and then a heavily repeated “shove a gun up your ass”. Hrvatski is responsible for this mix and he does an excellent job. Experimental with chaotic all over the place beats. He does really nice things with the vocals, and changes the tempo of the song around. A nice veil of noise covers the song.
5) remixed by why? Melody based with hand claps and drum sticks beats and almost sung lyrics. ((6)) noisey and loud remix by hood. Very nice. Choppy noise layered on top of Themselves vocals rendering them incomprehensible.
7) Synths, whistley sounds, slow beats, rapid rapping. False ending… starts up again briefly. ((8))glichy, muffled beats, vocals come in and out. Synths come in later filling in the sound. Slow, and almost instrumental.
9) annoying intro/skit, imho that includes FCC’s. The rest of the song is clean and has a hectic feel. Rapid beats, hard vocal delivery, gets noisy towards the end.
(((10))) ominous sounding synths with buried beats and evangelist sound samples breaks into “what if the devil stole your president/ would you wait for dan rather/ … would you trust him” layered over beats and synths. Remixed by odd nosdam.
11) Mellow song. Guitar-like melody, drums and faint vocals coming through. Remixed by the notwist.
12) Strings based melody, with some vocals. Segueways into a slick synth tune with vocals that sing along.