|Artist:||Various Artists||Added:||Nov 2003|
|Label:||Sick Room Records, Ltd.|
|Add Date:||2004-01-12||Pull Date:||2004-03-15|
|Week Ending:||Mar 14||Mar 7||Feb 29||Feb 22||Feb 15||Feb 8||Feb 1||Jan 25|
|1.||Jan 25, 2018:||A Night on the Roof
|4.||Feb 14, 2006:||eclectica: Interview with Salman Ahmad
|2.||Sep 27, 2006:||At Your Local Dive
|5.||Mar 15, 2005:||Eclectica
|3.||May 30, 2006:||Eclectica
Apple, Biblical Violence
|6.||Feb 15, 2005:||Eclectica: Interview with Jennifer Lane
Apple, Republic of Rough and Ready
THIS IS FANTASTIC!!! A quartet from SF, Dilute play songs that alternate between sad pretty emo-ish post-rock and mathy prog-y jams not far from Hella. Hammered guitar is used really well to create beautiful sparkling textures and as a lead in from a sad riff to a prog riff. Play also with Ganger, Dianogah.
2, 5, 1, 3.
1. midtempo synth melody driven, pretty, epic struggle sounding, with really pretty guitar hammering (not far from hella) at end
2. slow midtempo pretty groove w/ great guitar texture. some vox, too.
3. upbeat loud ornate melodic mathy prog jam w/ noisy parts
4. funny vocal sample w/ noisy spazz at end
5. epic length, pretty guitar arpeggio, catchy start/stop emo riff at end
YES, THEY ROCK!!! Sacramento virtuoso spazprogcore guitar & drum duo. Is this Hella’s attempt to dominate the A-file? All of these songs are on Hold Your Horse Is, but here are perfect live recordings of them. I’m not going to comment much on them because they’re performed perfectly and sound exactly like the album, which is a must hear.
1, 4, 5
1. one of their catchiest songs, showcases their melodic dynamism
2. somehow very linear, very mathy groove in first part
3. some pretty chords and really pretty section towards end
4. another of their most incredibly memorable songs
5. epic crazy madness constantly trill trill trill.
|6.||Hella||Republic of Rough and Ready|
|7.||Hella||Better Grab a Broom!|
|10.||Hella||City Folk Sitting, Sitting|