|Quintron / Are You Ready for An Organ Sol|
|Album:||Are You Ready for An Organ Sol||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2004-01-12||Pull Date:||2004-03-15|
|Week Ending:||Mar 14||Mar 7||Feb 29||Feb 22||Feb 15||Feb 8||Feb 1||Jan 25|
|1.||Nov 26, 2022:||Buford J. Sharkley Presents: As Told to Hervey Okkles |
Miniature Breakdown, Place Unknown
|4.||Feb 20, 2008:||nag champa orangeasm |
|2.||Nov 10, 2009:||Everyday Commotion |
|5.||Jul 11, 2006:||The Top Shelf (sleater kinney tribute) |
|3.||Nov 12, 2008:||Orangeasm |
|6.||Jun 24, 2006:||Epic Soundtracks |
|Guest DJ Account|
Extremely danceable, jumpy, jittery, and crazy. There is circuit|
yelling, and lots and lots of electric organ. Immense nervous energy being
unleashed a la Jon Spencer Blues Explosion. Solid throughout - play any of
them. Try: 6, 8 - more restrained; 1, 4 - wilder. Mostly clean, although
hard to tell sometimes.
1. Noisy synths, perky pace, lots of shouting. Catchy classic call &
response format. Very simple and enthusiastic.
2. Fast disjointed drum machine mixed with noisy power guitar and more
yelling. Together they make some kind of melody. Organ solo.
3. Funky, kitschy and toe-tappy. Steady hip-hoppy drum beat running
underneath all the organ noodling and wild singing. The organ is really
cheesy and fun.
4. The longest at 6:01, great for airplay. Part lyrics-focused, part crazy
synth/organ jam. A demented twist on the Hokey Pokey. Electronic handclaps
complete the effect. Not totally clean ("ass").
5. Another funky groove. Singing like a crazy guy walking along the
street: sometimes screaming, sometimes mumbling nonsense. Very catchy,
goes on a little too long.
6. The standout on the album. Mesmerizing, kid's song on the playground
stuff. Really catchy, steady beat, will stick in your head for ages.
7. Not Clean! Crazy fast-paced rocking out, wild and sounds like they're
having a fantastic time.
8. Another good airplay pick. A little slower, with more organ
histrionics. Silly fun lyrics. Much more restrained and
traditional-sounding than most of the CD.
9. Short instrumental jitterbug tacked on at the end: the organ solo.
|1.||Place Unknown||5.||I'm not Busy|
|2.||Mud Bugs||6.||Cave Formation|
|3.||Teenage Antoinette||7.||The Beach|
|4.||Miniature Breakdown||8.||Underwater Dance Club|