|Add Date:||2004-07-26||Pull Date:||2004-09-26||Charts:||Classical/Experimental|
|Week Ending:||Sep 19||Aug 15||Aug 8||Aug 1|
|1.||Dec 22, 2017:||Traditions - Merry Christmas
|4.||Aug 11, 2004:||Approximating Stirling's Approximation
Back and Forth
|2.||Nov 07, 2006:||What's in the Ice Box?
|5.||Aug 08, 2004:||Oh Messy Life
|3.||Sep 18, 2004:||Storytime!
|6.||Aug 01, 2004:||15 Miles til Sunday
Back and Forth
=> 1. Slow and atmospheric. Lovely textural interplay between acoustic and electric basses.
2. Slow and very sparse. Close your eyes to see this one.
3. Mid-tempo and rhythmic. Plucked and bowed acoustic bass Repetitive.
4. Spoken female voice telling a (very short) family story. A bit of plucked acoustic bass, lots of newspaper page turning.
=> 5. Arrhythmic. Processed basses sound like a busy ship yard/space dock in luminescent fog on another planet.
6. Mid-tempo. Spoken female voice (reading the business news) over short, repeating electric-blues bass theme, plus bass-percussion.
7. Mid-tempo. Bowed bass in multiple layers. Kinda skronky, oddly enough.
=> 8. Plucked bass over bowed bass. Dark & empty & atmospheric. Could fit into a Vincent Gallo movie. I wonder if they know each other?
9. Arty, neo-classical/experimental. Sparse.
=> 10. Gray on gray... dark walls of velvety bass fuzz are the backdrop for a philosophical discussion between two plucked basses.
11. Walking bass line with bowed continuo.
12. Just voice to start, describing a California car trip, then evocative minimal bass soundtrack telling the rest of the story.
13. High-register plucked electric bass chords with bowed and plucked bass underneath. Lots of glissandos.
14. Mid-tempo. Repetitive, happy theme with staccato bowing.
15. Slow and dense, filled with tension. Seagull sounds. Gets sparse toward end and fades away.
|1.||Somehow Dissolves||8.||New Terrorism|
|3.||Bounce||10.||Back and Forth|
|15.||Around the 8TH Floor|