|Impossible Shapes, the / We Like It Wild|
|Album:||We Like It Wild||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Impossible Shapes, the||Added:||11/2003|
|Add Date:||2004-03-01||Pull Date:||2004-05-03|
|Week Ending:||2 May||25 Apr||21 Mar||14 Mar||7 Mar|
|1.||Wed, 16 May 07:||canuck|
I once was canadian
|4.||Mon, 26 Apr 04:||La Chanteuse|
Fly By Night
|2.||Fri, 16 Jun 06:||dj double a|
too heavy for titanium
|5.||Sat, 24 Apr 04:||J & The Real L.P.|
15 Miles til Sunday
|3.||Thu, 24 Feb 05:||canuck|
I Once Was Canadian
|6.||Wed, 17 Mar 04:||crisco jones|
press and release
Mellow, good-natured indie pop, with a folksy, almost countryish, sensibility. (They’re from Indiana.) Kinda like the Beatles and Tom Petty at their most mellow. Not even the song “We Like it Wild” is really wild at all. Usual complement of instruments, with tenory male vocals. High proportion of songs in 3/4 time. |
*1. *(1:49) serene, simple, small.
*2. *(2:51) waltzy, with some soary guitars in background
*3. *(2:59) faster, more rock-y guitars, kinda uneasy melody (a bit Tom Petty-ish)
4. (2:38) waltz; cute, folksy, quaint and a little twangy. Trumpet.
*5. *(2:44) like a jazz combo playing a waltz; piano and perc., elec. guitar
6. (3:24) very laidback bounce, rocky guitars
*7. *(2:31) quiet sweet waltz tempo, acoustic guitar and echoing vocals
8. (2:10) mid/uptempo bouncy, wildly swinging catchy chorus
*9. *(2:43) ghostly waltz, windy sounds, dark lyrics
10. (1:55) slow, dirty wawa guitar (kinda like Riders on the Storm but with less organ?) instrumental
11. (3:22) simple and small waltz, acoustic guitars, piano; some pauses.
*12. *(3:04) happy jangly waltz, vocal harmonies; meter changes
13. (3:32) slow but loud waltz, sounds like the last dance
*14. *(5:46) bouncy but mellow, cheerful, some vocal harmonies. (the rhythm of the chorus/hook is really catchy, for some reason) has some wild guitar parts.
—reviewed by mandy (la chanteuse)