|Various Artists / Toxic Girls! - Nightwa|
|Album:||Toxic Girls! - Nightwa||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Various Artists||Added:||Nov 2003|
|Add Date:||2004-01-12||Pull Date:||2004-03-15|
|Week Ending:||Mar 14||Mar 7||Feb 29||Feb 22||Feb 15||Feb 8||Feb 1||Jan 25|
|1.||Oct 29, 2022:||Buford J. Sharkley Presents: As Told to Hervey Okkles |
I Ma Wa Mori no Naka Ni, Evindelig Kvindelig, That's All Water Under the
|4.||Feb 07, 2006:||Eclectica: more mustaches? |
|2.||Jul 03, 2015:||Breakaway Bluff |
Taking Picture, Pants
|5.||Jul 08, 2005:||Distraction-Limited |
|3.||Jun 28, 2007:||Fiction Romance |
|6.||Aug 19, 2004:||Baptism of Solitude |
V/A Toxic Girls! – Nightmare for (12) unlucky Boystars (Tsunami Addiction)|
A good collection of pop, new wave, punk, indie rock, electro, noise and a bunch of other sounds all made by women who I think are mostly from Italy and France. A lot of the tracks are personal, minimal, and just 1 or 2 people.
1. Great 20 second loop, “taking pictures”.
2. Fuzzy loud guitar with retro keyboard sound. Indie rock/pop.
**3. Pretty xylophone sound doing something that could be Kraftwerk. Then really cute vocals come in. She’s not singing English but I can’t tell what language it is.
**4. This rules. Minimal drum machine with up front vocals about needing a vacation from her boy’s closet. Sorta pop but with a silly electro groove. Dancy.
**5. Reminds me of People Like Us. A silly loop with some vocal manipulation.
6. Glitchy and out to begin. Then a big electro beat and slightly angry vocals. Gets noisier and creepy.
7. Some dark guitar and drum loop. Vocals come in towards the end and repeat something I can’t understand over and over. Cool sound but doesn’t go very far.
**8. More loops. Guitar loop, keyboard loop, some glitchy sounds, interspersed vocals. Busy.
**9. Indie rock guitar to begin then a big catchy keyboard hook. Wow, then stern vocals come in not sung in English. German? Italian? Wow! Someplace between Malaria and Liliput.
10. Glitch-y loop of what sounds like a broken toy instrument.
11. Quiet violin? (Cello?) and vocals playing a slightly middle eastern sound. Both slowly get louder.
12. Complete new wave! Catchy with big clear vocals. The beat is a bit “big” sounding for new wave. “What I like about you girl is you really take a chance”.
13. Steady beat, keyboard noises, and distorted vocals. Noisy.
14. Garage pop like Holly Golightly but simpler.
15. Dark electronics and glitch. Manipulated vocals.
16. Quiet echo’d and reverbed vocals. Handheld recording in tunnel?
17. Big harsh beats, with lots of screaming and abrasive keyboards. Slow digital hardcore?
18. Looped music box or keyboards. I guess it’s just an odd sounding keyboard.
Good stuff. Lots of different sounds. -mph