|Sun Kil Moon / Ghosts of the Great Highway|
|Album:||Ghosts of the Great Highway||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Sun Kil Moon||Added:||11/2003|
|Add Date:||2004-02-16||Pull Date:||2004-04-19|
|Week Ending:||18 Apr||11 Apr||28 Mar||21 Mar||14 Mar||7 Mar||29 Feb||22 Feb|
|1.||Sun, 08 Sep 19:||Otterpop|
organic fruit tracks
|4.||Tue, 29 Jul 14:||DJ Away|
The Sunset Life
|2.||Sun, 30 Aug 15:||Waves|
|5.||Wed, 09 Oct 13:||awyeh|
|3.||Sat, 13 Sep 14:||Eme O|
|6.||Thu, 02 May 13:||Andy S|
Sun Kil Moon Ghosts of the Great Highway|
Mark Kozelek (of Red House Painters) has a new band and a new album. This is it. It’s good. Sounds a lot like the RHP. more acoustic stuff, not just guitar, prominent mandolin and strings. Mark’s got a beautiful, unique voice and in a lot of ways it dominates the album. If you liked RHP, you’ll like this. If you like slightly folksy, sort of depressing indie rock, you’ll like this. Otherwise, LISTEN! Some very beautiful work on this album. I’ll probably play tracks 1, 3, 4-5, 6, 9, and 10 on my show.
FCC? couldn’t catch a lot of the lyrics.
1. Beautiful mid-tempo acoustic song. probably my favorite on the album.
2. slow-mid tempo song with annoying chorus harmonies. otherwise nice
3. Distortion! Somewhere between RHP and My Bloody Valentine. slow, long and good.
4. back to acoustic. some strings. good song to sort of float along too.
5. sort of continues from the previous song. falsetto, but in a good way.
6. more of a full-band thing( no rocking out though). strings. I like the ending a lot.
7. distortion! not as cool as 3. catchy hooks at the end
8. long! (14:32). not for the weak of heart. nice mandolin. nice build and expansion
9. instrumental. some reverby mandolin parts over guitar.
10. acoustic, with some drums. fairly slow. pretty typical stuff. more mandolin and strings. same as #3, but acoustic (at least the beginning)
|1.||Glenn Tipton||6.||Gentle Moon|
|2.||Carry Me Ohio||7.||Lily and Parrots|
|3.||Salvador Sanchez||8.||Duk Koo Kim|
|4.||Last Tide||9.||Si Paloma|