|Regal Dime / Shebonics|
|Label:||Already Gone Records|
|Add Date:||2004-03-01||Pull Date:||2004-05-03|
|Week Ending:||4 Apr||14 Mar||7 Mar|
|1.||Mar 31, 2004:||sad and dangerous |
Nothing's Bad Enough
|4.||Mar 10, 2004:||Beware the Ides of March... |
|2.||Mar 12, 2004:||Distraction-Limited |
|5.||Mar 06, 2004:||On the Warpath |
Since I Found Out
|3.||Mar 11, 2004:||Mr. Sparkle Challenge |
Nothing's Bad Enough
|6.||Mar 05, 2004:||Distraction-Limited |
FUCKING ROCK!!! From Dallas, TX, and emigrated from Providence, RI, Regal Dime play noisy rock, sometimes nasty, sometimes poppy, with sassy female vocals and distorted male vocals. Instrumentation is mostly overdriven bass with rockin' drums, with minimal synth here and there. They have a really well-developed bass texture, wonderfully noisy and harmonic-laden, that is capable of being drony and sweet like Sonic Youth, but also at times capable of approximating the ferocity of even Lightning Bolt in texture. With a diverse set of songs, there are hints of appreciation for old Stereolab, the sexiness of Blonde Redhead, and the artistic thrashy side of Unwound. You could also play this equally well with any trashy garage punk or even with bands like Electrelane. There are a number of great, varied tracks here.|
1, 5, 2, 6, 4, 8.
1. balls out rockin, noisy harmonic-laden bass, topped off beautifully with sassy female vox & distorted male response. catchy as shit!
2. midtempo pretty and noisy melodic drone from the bass (a la sonic youth), male vox, with a poppier girl vox second section
3. slow sentimental pop chords from organ synth w/ sad bastard girl vocals
4. fuzzy nasty upbeat noise pop! great texture, catchy vocals.
5. accented 6/8, repetitive, relentless, percussive, builds intensity. pure rock!
6. dancy bass line rhythm, trashy, distorted noisy male vocals
7. slower, more typical rock progression w/ cleaner vocals
8. led by poppy synth, great somehow wonderfully nostalgic shouting vox;
NOTE: ENDS AT ~2:35, resumes ~5:05 w/ drum machine, horns
9. brief noise at 0:00 and at 4:44, silence in between
|1.||Since I Found Out||5.||Stop|
|2.||Nothing's Bad Enough||6.||Behave|
|3.||First Sad Song||7.||Signs|