|Various Artists / Active Suspension Vs.|
|Album:||Active Suspension Vs.||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2005-09-25||Pull Date:||2005-11-27|
|Week Ending:||20 Nov||13 Nov||30 Oct||23 Oct||16 Oct||9 Oct||2 Oct|
|1.||Sat, 28 Jul 12:||ETN|
|4.||Thu, 17 Nov 05:||MichaS|
|2.||Tue, 07 Nov 06:||MichaS|
|5.||Thu, 10 Nov 05:||MichaS|
|3.||Tue, 31 Oct 06:||MichaS|
|6.||Thu, 27 Oct 05:||MichaS|
A compilation of collaborations, remixes and unreleased tracks of artists working with French Indie labels Active suspension and Clapping music. Laptop music incorporating acoustic music as well. Very delicate, and in some cases suspenseful. Good not only for Electronica fans. A very interesting CD.|
*1. Begins with a female vox with a minimal keyboard and some glitches. Proceeds with a male singer, a drum and a minimal electric guitar. Nice and delicate. Reminiscent of a Playdohís Fragments, a recent A-file CD.
2. Instrumental. Delicate keyboards and glitches. Gently undulating.
3. Mid tempo. Video game music and glitches, with dramatic additions, such as the male vocals and tango-ish ìaccordionî.
4. Acoustic guitar and a cello, moody, movie-like.
*5. Sort of a 30ís womenís trio harmony with ominous vibes in the background. Resolved into a repetitious piano.
*6. Electronic rap sampling with glitches, voice sampling. and touches of Disco.
*7. Talk about suspension. Long one note opening with human voice (like someone holding a note) with very slight modulations on top of that, and about 2 min. into the track, the song begins very delicately (not clearly audible) with some glockenspiel, or wind bells, and kids talking in Spanish. Interesting stuff.
*8. A cool rhythmic yukulele piece, with all kinds of additions.
9. Interchanging fast industrial and relaxed electronic bits.
10. A very glitchy opening to a relaxed piece.
11. Female voices and acoustic guitar. Folksy, soft and pretty.
12. Ominous suspenseful strings, glitches, drones, intensifying and then subsiding.
1. Ominous strings, very suspenseful, emotionally intensifying but not resolving. Merge with the next track.
2. Loops, acoustic guitar, synth and harmonica. Alternating between pastoral and ominous.
*3. Fast French rap, by TTC. We had their CD in the A-file recently.
4. A sort of a religious preach, with acoustic guitar and drones in the background.
*5. Electronic beat, convoluted harp and scratches.
6. Loopy and relaxed. Becomes more droney in the middle and relaxes again.
7. Begins with loops and chirps, and then enters an acoustic guitar. Very pastoral.
8. Monotonous relaxing synth and glitches.
*9. Loopy distorted synth turns into something clearer (a la Oldfieldís tubular bells) with a nice beat.
*10. Loops of glitches and ethereal female vox subsiding into atmospheric loops with voice sampling.