|Agent Steel / Order of the Illuminati|
|Album:||Order of the Illuminati||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2004-01-12||Pull Date:||2004-03-15||Charts:||Loud|
|Week Ending:||25 Jan||18 Jan|
|1.||Jun 16, 2007:||too heavy for titanium |
|4.||Apr 21, 2007:||to heavy for titanium |
Apocalypse (World Without Wi
|2.||Jun 08, 2007:||too heavy for titanium |
|5.||Oct 21, 2006:||Too Heavy For Titanium |
|3.||Jun 05, 2007:||too heavy for titanium |
|6.||Sep 29, 2006:||to heavy for titanium |
Early 80s fast metal that sometimes ventures into thrash. A singer who sings like metal singers use to. Think Judas Priest and Iron Maiden but also think Forbidden and Exodus. I was surprised to see this band back at it since I bought an EP of their in 1983-84. Their sound hasn’t changed much and I’m not sure how well it’s aged but if you want pure metal with no modern hardcore/punk/thrash/nu-metal/metalcore/grindcore influences and like a singer who sings check this out. |
1. After quiet guitar intro the track moves along at a quick, heavy pace but isn’t really thrash. Catchy chorus were the singer really shows off his range.
2. Reminds me a bit of mid-80s bay area thrash. Slows down and then goes in bursts.
3. Heavier with a riff that caries the track.
**4. Thrash with guitars that remind me a bit of Testament. Gang backing vocals. A melodic breakdown right before a somewhat cliché solo.
5. Melodic Middle Eastern guitar intro. Sorta odd and a bit cheesy but for some reason I’m not finding it awful.
6. Basic heavy track.
7. Thrash attack with long scream to begin. Damn does this remind me of 1987-89.
10. Starts with sample. Then a chug with some melodic guitar. Lots of soloing on this instrumental.
11. Another sample intro into a medium paced track.
Not much has chanced since 1986. -mph
|1.||Avenger||6.||Apocalypse (World Without Wi|
|2.||Ten Fists of Nations||7.||Forever Black|
|3.||Earth Under Lucifer||8.||Dance of St. Vitus|