|Dipers, the / How to Plan Succssful Parties|
|Album:||How to Plan Succssful Parties||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2004-01-26||Pull Date:||2004-03-29||Charts:||Loud|
|Week Ending:||28 Mar||14 Mar||7 Mar||29 Feb||22 Feb||15 Feb||8 Feb||1 Feb|
|1.||Wed, 24 Mar 04:||stirling|
|4.||Wed, 25 Feb 04:||stirling|
|2.||Wed, 10 Mar 04:||Elias (Dr Furious)|
Beware the Ides of March...
|5.||Wed, 18 Feb 04:||johnn|
sad and dangerous
|3.||Wed, 03 Mar 04:||stirling|
|6.||Wed, 18 Feb 04:||stirling|
|Elias (Dr Furious)|
If you were to plan a party with the Dipers as the soundtrack, I suggest you strip your apartment from all furniture. This music is OFFENSIVE TRASHY/SWAMPY ANGULAR POST PUNK and is to be listened within a cold cement cell. This shit is higly conducive to existential contemplation with psychological predisposition to self-destruction. Expert on-line reviewers will refer you to the sounds of Jon Spencer Blues Explosion, the Boredoms, Sonic Youth and A-Frames. In my own words: strung out vocals, shitloads of noise and a general predisposition to rawk with plenty dissonant angularity. Hey this is SOME GREAT SHIT. Play!|
Tracks 2, 4, & 7 are excellent stuff.
1. Chaotically noisy lead guitar and heavy Blues Explosion rhythm guitar. Why does this make me think MC5?
2. This shit makes wanna get back on the air NOW... FUCKING RAWKS MY SOX OUT! Play it for me, will you? Thanks!
3. That's total Jon Spencer Blues Explosion guitar line.
4. If this angular riff doesn't remind you Television's Marquee Moon, then your dj reputation maybe on the line. Great angular and smoky post-punk indie tune. Powerful and offensive.
5. Bouncy and garagy. Strung out vocals and grooves. Sinister.
6. DC post-punk angularity... no wavish. Hmmm... Black Eyes?
7. Epic track of Sonic Youth proportions. Excellent dissonant riffs and awesome noise in the end. This is the kind of shit that Bill C goes for.
|1.||The Future||4.||Pounch's Boyfriend|
|3.||It's not Pretty||6.||I'm So Spun|
|7.||It's My Habbit|