|Add Date:||2004-10-04||Pull Date:||2004-12-06|
|Week Ending:||Nov 28||Nov 21||Nov 7||Oct 31||Oct 24||Oct 17||Oct 10|
|1.||Aug 03, 2013:||Music Casserole
|4.||Nov 02, 2004:||Storytime!--Free For all
|2.||Nov 23, 2004:||All This - And Mor: A Thanksgiving Brush with the Law
Cooking for Dust
|5.||Oct 28, 2004:||Fiction Romance
|3.||Nov 16, 2004:||Storytime--Miscellaneous
|6.||Oct 19, 2004:||All This - And Mor!
Theatrical pop, songs journey through many phases, mid-phrase. Pianos, guitars, lots of atmospheric sound effects and opaque lyrics. Mostly dramatic minor keys. All songs well-executed; a very versatile band. Play any; they’re all fun in their own way.
1. (2:43) carnivalesque: echoing vox, sound effects, switches meters
2. *(3:14) fast sneaky plucking becomes surfy pop becomes watery psychedelic
3. (2:54) mid/uptempo jangly dark surfin’
4. (3:04) wacky uptempo country, with twangs and “boing” noises
5. *(2:14) fun, catchy uptempo punky with wild guitars. Tempo changes
6. (2:31) uptempo rockin, w/ half-shouted vox.
7. (3:30) flows from last track; sampled speech (Churchill?) chaos becomes wavering serene melody
8. *(3:28) piano rock ballad; rain sounds and ahhhhs
—Reviewed by mandy (la chanteuse)
|4.||Cooking for Dust||8.||Step Down|