|Clutch / Blast Tyrant|
|Add Date:||2004-07-12||Pull Date:||2004-09-12||Charts:||Loud|
|Week Ending:||Aug 29||Aug 22||Aug 15||Aug 8||Aug 1||Jul 25||Jul 18|
|1.||Sep 03, 2008:||A2Z |
|4.||Aug 19, 2004:||Les Chevaux De Frise |
|2.||Aug 18, 2005:||Blues For the Red Sun |
|5.||Aug 18, 2004:||Juan 2-3-Show |
|3.||Aug 25, 2004:||Juan 2-3-Show |
Ghost, Army of Bono
|6.||Aug 12, 2004:||Les Chevaux De Frise |
Clutch – Blast Tyrant (DRT Entertainment)|
Aw, hell yes! Rock! This is awesome, a mix of sludgy southern rock/blues and metal tendencies with plenty of drugged out, trippy references a la stoner-rock and way-out-there themes. Amazing! Kick-ass guitar, with an unbelievable tone, solid drumming, way cool vocals that sound like a mix between Lemmy and Eddie Glass sung in a cavernous hall. Imagine a mix between later-day Corrosion of Conformity, early Monster Magnet, Led Zeppelin, and ZZ Top. Huge!
1) Stop-start riffing that sounds like a cool jam session.
2) Mid-tempo rocker with cool guitar lines.
3) Most awesome! Catchy-as-hell with a chorus you can’t help but sing along to and a kick-ass solo.
4) More stop-n-go riffing with some cool percussion and another awesome chorus. Plus, it references Holy Diver!
5) Reverb- and wah-heavy guitar riffing with another one of those unstoppable choruses.
6) Acoustic guitar, spaghetti-western theme complete with wind, dust, dirt, and tumbleweeds that brings to mind Monster Magnet.
7) Vocally a little like old Metallica, at least in my mind, but the music is the same groove-laden stop-start riffing.
8) Another catchy song with plenty of riffing and wacked-out lyrics.
9) A little more indistinguishable, but still a very damn good rocker that just goes about its business.
10) Smokin’ riffing peppered with spoken-word vocals and infinitely consistent drumming.
11) Less than a minute of a slow, meandering riff with some weird vocal sample.
12) Feel the swagger on this one. I can almost see the dirty bar and the jukebox this is playing on.
13) Acoustic guitar and driving bass line with subdued drumming over a lyrical eulogy, terribly eerie and foreboding.
14) Is that an organ? I think so, and it makes for an amazing warm, fuzzy song. Ends early, with about 1:15 of silence.
15) Epic instrumental that swells many times over. Thundering drums, organ, fuzzy guitar riffs, and a sense of dynamics that you wouldn’t believe. Fuckin’ killer!
|1.||Mercury||8.||Army of Bono|
|2.||Profits of Doom||9.||Spleen Merchant|
|3.||The Mob Goes Wild||10.||Swollen Goat|
|4.||Cypress Grove||11.||Goat Warfare|
|7.||Worm Drink||14.||La Curandera|