|Sexy Lilliputians, the / Sexy Lilliputians, the|
|Album:||Sexy Lilliputians, the||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Sexy Lilliputians, the||Added:||Apr 2004|
|Add Date:||2004-06-21||Pull Date:||2004-08-23|
|Week Ending:||Aug 22||Aug 15||Aug 8||Jul 25||Jul 18||Jul 4||Jun 27|
|1.||May 31, 2008:||The Twilight Zone |
|4.||Aug 20, 2004:||Multiple Personality Disorder |
Brand New Vietnam, Jesus Wants An Oil Pipeline
|2.||Jun 06, 2006:||America's Least Wanted Demons |
Jesus Wants An Oil Pipeline
|5.||Aug 13, 2004:||Multiple Personality Disorder |
|3.||Oct 28, 2004:||Multiple Personality Disorder |
Jesus Wants An Oil Pipeline
|6.||Aug 11, 2004:||Brownian Motion |
|pat blue ribbon|
The Sexy Lilliputans -- s/t
Goofy weirdness of many sorts. A laff riot! Whoa! Goofy, strange 80s covers of Prince and Def Leppard, great political parodies of Enron and Republican warmongers, songs about Star Wars characters, elements of Spike Jones and Weird Al and song-poems and general weird brilliance
PICKS: 5, 6, 7, 11, 12, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21, 22, 23, 25
FCC: 2, 10, 17, 22
1. glittery rock ballad about Hemingway and his progeny, turns into tribal beat, chanting, loungy ending
2. cheesy bluesy rock song about Han Solo, FCC: motherfucker (slighted edited)
3. short, high-pitched Hank Williams voice singing "She Drives Me Crazy"
4. strange a capella singing/moaning, keyboards come in later, rises in intensity
5. hilarious, kid voice, Jesus wanting an oil pipeline, Satan,
6. superhero parody about "Enron Man" and "Oval Office Boy" and the Enron swindle -- great
7. 3 versions of Prince's "Let's Go Crazy": first, white man preacher with orchestra in background, then another version of same song spoken by man to a crying baby, then a third version with an evil villian voice
8. coughing, piano+accodion, drunken singing about fondue set, Tom Waits parody?
9. very short, chanting about Lando Calrissian (Star Wars) + spoons
10. cheesy lounge singer/beat poet, about brains, FCC "shit"
11. sound effects quiz, great!
12. 30-40s ragtime/polka about US policies, Iraq, Kyoto Protocol, FTAA, "Brand New Vietnam" GREAT!
13. short, bossa nova about worshiping money, all religious having the same god
14.short, "the middle of the CD" , dog barking
15. noisy rock song about the brother of Ron Howard, who was on Star Trek, good
16. playground noises, another spoken cover of "Let's Go Crazy"
17. hilarious, county ballad about white male patriarchy, TV superheroes -- FCC "shit"
18. delta blues, about pretty folk in Hollywood
19. polka version of Def Leppard's "Pour Some Sugar on Me" -- woo hoo!
20. short, backwards vocals, bells+bongos,
21. short, Legal ID for "the radio station for your penis", great
22. british female vocals, noisy rock, about Bush family, good FCC "fuck"
23. crowd noises, echoey God voice "You Fools!", dark keyboards
24. different version of track 10, voice sped up/slowed down
25. bird noises, guitar noodling, strange high voices, parody of Ashcroft's famous horrible song, GREAT
26. hidden track at 1:15 remaining, eating sounds, echoing voice speaking yet another cover of "Let's Go Crazy"
|1.||Hey Hemingway||13.||The Same God|
|2.||Flyin Solo||14.||Middle of the Cd|
|5.||Jesus Wants An Oil Pipeline||17.||I Feel Like Aquaman|
|6.||Enron Man||18.||Hollywood Ugly|
|7.||Three Portraits of Terry||19.||Def Leppard Polka|
|8.||Fondue Set||20.||I Know a Tom|
|10.||Brains||22.||The Washington Hillbillies|
|11.||Sound Effects Quiz||23.||Fools@|
|12.||Brand New Vietnam||24.||Brains 2|
|25.||Hush Eagle, Hush|