|Album:||La Masion De Mon Reve||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Touch and Go|
|Add Date:||2004-08-16||Pull Date:||2004-10-17|
|Week Ending:||Oct 17||Oct 3||Sep 26||Sep 19||Sep 12||Aug 29||Aug 22|
|1.||Dec 13, 2012:||Spider Rave
|4.||Apr 14, 2010:||Lyric Ballads/Spider Rave
|2.||Jan 19, 2012:||Nathin' To Do
Tahiti Rain Song
|5.||Apr 06, 2010:||Lyric Ballads/Spider Rave
|3.||May 17, 2011:||Spider Rave
By Pour Side
|6.||Nov 18, 2009:||Lost Verses
they come, this is two girls (sisters) a guitar and some low key electronic fx. Both sweet and pretentious, charming but banal, this would be good for a very mellow set, but steer clear of the longer tracks, since they all get repetitive and the charm wears off. Best picks are (in descending order) :
1, 8, 2, 12.
**(1) Guitar, fem vocals, weird distortion fx, angsty folk that starts out interesting but drones on a bit.
*(2) Shrill fem backing vocals, muted fem singing w/ synth, cymbols, bird song. Discordant in a pleasing way. Tongue in cheek (I hope) lyrics "I will be your housewife..."
(3) Folksy, old-timey spiritual, fem vocs w/ guitar. Kinda hokey.
(4) Fem vocs, guitar, whispered spoken word, dog panting fx. Interminable.
(5) Very short piece, fem vocs, synth. Quiet and low key.
(6) Weird tinny sound, like old 1920's recordings, oriental pipes, fx that sounds like popcorn popping. Quiet.
(7) Harp, background distorted electronic noises, melodic fem voc without words.
**(8) Fem vocs and guitar, with "la la la" fem voc in the bkground. Twangy intonations.
(9) Marching rhythm, synth and fem "oh oh oh", no lyrics. Short.
(10)Guitar, fem vocs and a few distortion fx.
(11)Good syncopated beat, male spoken intro, distorted fem vocs. Neverending and boring.
*(12)Piano, richer sound, fem duet. Sewing machine fx. Quiet, long and repetitive.
--Princess D-- June 2004
|2.||By Pour Side||8.||Butterscotch|
|3.||Jesus Loves Me||9.||West Side|
|5.||Not for Sale||11.||Hatian Love Songs|
|6.||Tahiti Rain Song||12.||Lyla|