|Album:||Captain Is Dead Let the Dr, th||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Minus Story||Added:||Apr 2004|
|Add Date:||2004-07-12||Pull Date:||2004-09-12|
|Week Ending:||Sep 12||Sep 5||Aug 29||Aug 22||Aug 15||Aug 8||Aug 1||Jul 25|
|1.||Oct 17, 2007:||growing up
|4.||Sep 21, 2004:||The Literate Pop Fan
Open Your Eyes
|2.||Mar 30, 2005:||The Sparkle Bin Soundtracks
|5.||Sep 08, 2004:||Mr. Sparkle Challenge
|3.||Sep 28, 2004:||The Literate Pop Fan
|6.||Sep 01, 2004:||mr. sparkle challenge
The Happy Activist
My Picks: 2 (fcc), 3, 7
Katie P. 6/30/04
1) Starts with midtempo beats. Keyboards and guitars are added and then some quiet breathy vocals. Kind of a dreamy feel to it. Builds with lots of noises/instruments added. Sound gets pretty distorted and noisy.
2) Uptempo and fun. Rocky and noisy with a lot of distortion on the vocals. A lot of banging percussion and a kind of call and response at times with the vocals. Wow, bells, flute, accordion, it's got everything! Fcc: says "fuck."
3) Faster midtempo with a bit of a bounce. Cute guitar and bells along with your basic indie rock sound. Wait, more and more instruments keep getting added. This is an amazingly layered pop song. Wow!
4) Starts with piano and some kid talking in the background. Dragging midtempo in ¾ time. Sweet soft vocals. This is cute. Again, lots of instrument layers are added making this really full. With a few minutes left everything but piano drops out and it builds up again.
5) Starts with church organ and vocals. Slow and floaty. Has a drugged out dreamy feel to it.
6) Starts with uptempo guitar. Slows a little to a midtempo when the vocals come in. Again a lot of layered instruments like guitar, bass, drums, and tons of percussion like chimes, triangle, tambourine, and more. Great backup vocals doing the "ah-ahs."
7) Starts with slow keyboards. Vocals are added along with "la-la" backups. Drums pick it up a bit to a slow midtempo. One of the more noisy/experimental tracks. It keeps adding more and more instruments. This is a long track with lots of builds and falls.
8) Slower song with organ and electronic beats with the vocals. Cool percussion layers with drums, bells, triangle, and more.
|1.||Wont Be Fooled Again||5.||You Were on My Side|
|2.||The Happy Activist||6.||Joyless, Joyless|
|3.||Gravity Pulls||7.||You're My Air|
|4.||Open Your Eyes||8.||The Children's Army|