|Minus Story / Captain Is Dead Let the Dr, th|
|Album:||Captain Is Dead Let the Dr, th||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2004-07-12||Pull Date:||2004-09-12|
|Week Ending:||12 Sep||5 Sep||29 Aug||22 Aug||15 Aug||8 Aug||1 Aug||25 Jul|
|1.||Wed, 17 Oct 07:||Gavin|
|4.||Tue, 21 Sep 04:||Mor|
The Literate Pop Fan
|2.||Wed, 30 Mar 05:||Mr. Sparkle & the Dead Kenny-G|
The Sparkle Bin Soundtracks
|5.||Wed, 08 Sep 04:||Mr. Sparkle|
Mr. Sparkle Challenge
|3.||Tue, 28 Sep 04:||Mor|
The Literate Pop Fan
|6.||Wed, 01 Sep 04:||Mr. Sparkle|
mr. sparkle challenge
Minus Story "The Captain is Dead, Let the Drum Corps Dance" - Wow! Their third album filled with amazing noisy experimental pop music. There are so many instruments and layers on here it's amazing. The percussion instruments alone are wonderful. You'll hear drums, bells, triangle, tambourine, chimes, maracas, handclaps, and more. The vocal layering is great too. Tons of la-las and ah-ahs. Dreamy and beautiful with everything going through some sort of distortion/noise filter to add that dark twisted flavor. This was great. Highly recommended!|
My Picks: 2 (fcc), 3, 7
Katie P. 6/30/04
1) Starts with midtempo beats. Keyboards and guitars are added and then some quiet breathy vocals. Kind of a dreamy feel to it. Builds with lots of noises/instruments added. Sound gets pretty distorted and noisy.
2) Uptempo and fun. Rocky and noisy with a lot of distortion on the vocals. A lot of banging percussion and a kind of call and response at times with the vocals. Wow, bells, flute, accordion, it's got everything! Fcc: says "fuck."
3) Faster midtempo with a bit of a bounce. Cute guitar and bells along with your basic indie rock sound. Wait, more and more instruments keep getting added. This is an amazingly layered pop song. Wow!
4) Starts with piano and some kid talking in the background. Dragging midtempo in ¾ time. Sweet soft vocals. This is cute. Again, lots of instrument layers are added making this really full. With a few minutes left everything but piano drops out and it builds up again.
5) Starts with church organ and vocals. Slow and floaty. Has a drugged out dreamy feel to it.
6) Starts with uptempo guitar. Slows a little to a midtempo when the vocals come in. Again a lot of layered instruments like guitar, bass, drums, and tons of percussion like chimes, triangle, tambourine, and more. Great backup vocals doing the "ah-ahs."
7) Starts with slow keyboards. Vocals are added along with "la-la" backups. Drums pick it up a bit to a slow midtempo. One of the more noisy/experimental tracks. It keeps adding more and more instruments. This is a long track with lots of builds and falls.
8) Slower song with organ and electronic beats with the vocals. Cool percussion layers with drums, bells, triangle, and more.
|1.||Wont Be Fooled Again||5.||You Were on My Side|
|2.||The Happy Activist||6.||Joyless, Joyless|
|3.||Gravity Pulls||7.||You're My Air|
|4.||Open Your Eyes||8.||The Children's Army|