|Architecture in Helsinki / Fingers Crossed|
|Artist:||Architecture in Helsinki||Added:||04/2004|
|Add Date:||2004-08-23||Pull Date:||2004-10-25|
|Week Ending:||24 Oct||17 Oct||10 Oct||26 Sep||19 Sep||12 Sep||5 Sep|
|1.||Sep 25, 2013:||Beach Blanket Bingo |
Like a Call
|4.||Feb 28, 2011:||dream shoes |
The Owls Go
|2.||Oct 18, 2011:||monsieur psychosis |
Like a Call
|5.||Dec 08, 2010:||Tweee Time |
Scissor Paper Rock
|3.||May 09, 2011:||New Vague |
|6.||Dec 01, 2010:||Twee timee |
Architecture in Helinski Fingers Crossing|
quirky synth/ toy-instrument/ marching-band-gone-haywire pop. one of those band that you should like because tell you you should. a pleasant surprise, in this regard, because, for once, this is pretty good stuff. repetitive as a album, but good for airplay. soft female vocals, lots of synths. sampled percussion sounds. toy instruments (reminding me of that one Self album). meant to be listened to in stereo. Comparable to a lot of bands, depending on what aspect of this band you’re comparing, but the most obvious comparison (I’d say) is Belle and Sebastian. (all songs FCC-clean)
1. Short, but sweet. Toy instruments, synths and hand claps. instrumental
2. guitar, intermittent drums. soft female vox. some sweet synth lines
3. clarinet riff. sample percussion, starts soft and subtle and never changes
4. walking rhythm. arpegiated guitars. some vox remind me of those airy electronic vox. soothing.
5. punctuated rhythm. tuba and trombone and such.
6. flute, groovy little tune. weird percussion sounds. “ba ba ba” vocals. oompah-ish thing later in the song.
7. “four three two one” beginning. m and f (and child) vox. lush voices near the end.
8. brass. strum-stopped guitar. nice chorus.
9. janggly sustained Byrds-sounding guitar. flute. glockenspiel.
10. faster paced. hand claps. distorted guitar, but still sugary sweet. cool song.
11. slower song. weird plucking sound in the left channel. nice guitar work.
12. dance beat. m and f-vox. complex mallet percussion. hand claps! cool song.
13. slowish song. guitar. subtle vox. brass
14. slow beginning, but speeds up. flute or flute-like synth. pitcicatto strings
15. instrumental introduction. using every instrument in the bag. drawn out.
|1.||One Heavy February||8.||Fumble|
|3.||Imaginary Ordinary||10.||Its Almost a Trap|
|4.||Scissor Paper Rock||11.||Like a Call|
|5.||To and Fro||12.||Where You've Been Hiding|
|6.||Apring 2008||13.||City Calm Down|
|7.||The Owls Go||14.||Vanishing|